Slanting scarf

Pearl1

Question

I recently bought a couple of 50g balls synthetic yarn at my local Wal-mart. It's made of acrylic, nylon, wool with a metallic thread, very pretty. I'm attempting a simple scarf pattern of alternating rows of hdc and sc. My problem is, the scarf is pulling to the left as if it were cut on the bias. Why is this happening? Should I try a different stitch?

5 answers to this question

:cheer Make it a design feature.:cheer

:cheer Happy Accident.:cheer

You are possibly increasing at one end and decreasing at the other, on you HDC row.

It is very easy to do that with HDCs.

I am not a big fan of HDCs because they can be a problem.

Hope this helps but I am sure the scarf will look good when worn, even if it is on a slant.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

Thanks for the help guys! I'm going to re-check my stitching, (I tried to be careful) but I might just make it a design element as Colleen suggested:clap . After all that's what makes "hand-made" unique, right?

I just finished two scarves and had to pull out part of the first one. :eek When you turn your work to start a new row if you don't get the hook in the exact stitch it will start to slant and by the time you realize it .....well, I just started using stitch markers which is kind of a pain but it's better than having to pull it out.

Archived