What do you think? A cream & white afghan?

Mixing whites and off-whites gives a very sophisticated and pleasing look, IMHO. I made a Christmas Snowflake afghan in a soft white with cream accents, and was happy with how it turned out. If you want to take a look, it's in the Crochet album at picturetrail.com/crokay.

Dear mrs who, Definitely classy and elegant! If you select the perfect shades of cream and white it will look great! When I look at a shade of color I decide if it is a blue-based (cool) shade or a yellow-based (warm) shade. I would choose both yarns with the same base. Check the room to see what they have. The interest will be in the texture of the stitches and patterns. The "feel" of it will also be important. Have fun! Parisjem

CTScrochetalong has a diagonal sampler afghan that creates rows of the different stitches to the widest point and then decreases down on the other half. It would be neat done in the white going up and the cream coming down i.e one half white, one half cream

I can't find the link just now. will get back when I find it.

Here yah go...

http://tinyurl.com/fbrbv

It uses texture to make a statement.

I just couldn't do it. I had a solid navy and solid offwhite Granny square thing going on...I just didn't see the white working with it. I guess it would depend on the project. (Mine is still sitting waiting for me to make up my mind.):think

Blue and white are such a classic color combo I can't see how that would go wrong. Maybe if you but one round of the opposite color in each block that would help you out.

• 3 weeks later...

I think cream & white is a great combo...I'v done several throws in that colorway fro friends (after they saw the one I had done for myself)...it really turns out quite beautiful...if you haven't alread started, get going, girl!!!

Archived