Towel Toppers

faithpa76

Question

Yep, it's the dreaded towel topper, lol. But they're the only way I don't lose my towels - they tend to walk off with someone or other.

Anyway - any recommended patterns? I know there are lots out there, wondering if anyone has a favorite.

:blah

6 answers to this question

I saw tons when I've looked!! I guess I'm just wondering if someone has one that makes the towels lay right (some make it bunch up and look funny, or whatever else) and doesn't look silly, lol. It's sometimes hard to tell from a pattern - and even from the pictures that are posted.

Thanks!! :)

Do you want one that you use half a towel with? I've made some of those, and kind of combined a couple of patterns to get what I wanted. Basically I just sc across the cut half of the towel, then did some rows of dc until I thought it was long enough, then just started dcecreasing the stitches a bit each row until I had a strip the width that I wanted. Then just did dc until that strip was long enough to loop through and button. HTH, and if not, I'll look and see which patterns I combined, lol.

I made a few with the half towels too, just as 2junebugs described. In fact, I still have some towels I was going to use this past Christmas cut and ready to go, but didn't get any farther than that. At least I'll be ready for next year I guess.

I'll try that, then. I have a few cheapy towels that if I mess up won't be that big a deal. It's more fun to play without a pattern anyway (hee hee, I crochet like I cook :rollin ).

Thanks ladies!!

Archived