What is a good first project?

In addition to swatches using SC, I showed my neighbor the HDC and she loved it. She even showed her 13 YO how to do it ( she does it well now after only 3 tries) and the girl never picked up a crochet hook before.

And I left them with a template for the size they were to make.

I have to conquer my fear of the hdc. LOL It is an easy stitch to make. My problem is that there is disagreement over whether to count the turning chains as a stitch or not. Some books say yes, some say no. In other words, some say to view it as you would a sc, and some as you view the dc. So I usually avoid it in row work. I know, I am wimpy.

I have to conquer my fear of the hdc. LOL It is an easy stitch to make. My problem is that there is disagreement over whether to count the turning chains as a stitch or not. Some books say yes, some say no. In other words, some say to view it as you would a sc, and some as you view the dc. So I usually avoid it in row work. I know, I am wimpy.

THAT was always my problem...and I've been crocheting since 1973! Now I just count the stitiches to make sure I didn't drop one:lol:lol

• 2 weeks later...

I found this website the other day, maybe it will help out, maybe it won't. Personally I like it a lot and plan to use it as a guideline.

Thanks to Sandra Petit

WOW! I didn't realize that she was actually on crochetville as a member. I just found this at my own searching & inquiring mind. Guess it's a plus that she is on the 'ville, huh? (sorry sandra, didn't even see your post about two posts above me!)

Archived