What a weekend cold gets you....

Miss USA

Over last weekend I was sick with a cold. I stayed home and crocheted all day, every day...

alishasmaterials.jpg

alishasprefelt.jpg

This bad boy shrunk from 12 inches high, 13 inches long to a dinky 7.5 high, 10 inches long.

alishasdone.jpg

purplestofelt.jpg

This was the ultimate in weirdness, it made a bumpy thick pattern. I was shifty about how it would felt from the start- but figured what the heck! My friend Jen is in LOVE with it- so it is going to her, and once again- shrunk like mad!

purplesprefelt.jpg

purplessmally.jpg

bumpies.jpg

This one is my favourite! I love these greens and the shape

greens.jpg

greens1.jpg

It started at 15 inches long, 12 inches wide. Ended with 14 inches long, 7.5 wide. (Pinned a brooch on)

skinnygreens.jpg

(And the baby coin purse)

coingreen.jpg

they are fantastic. I love your colour choice.. pity about being sick, but crikey gee you have been productive!

Wow, great bags, especially the pink one, I love the ruffly effect. I love to see how felted things turn out. I always forget to take before pictures of mine. :)

Lovely, each one in it's own way -pity one must be sick in order to get away with sitting around and crocheting the weekend away. My favorite is the green, but I also love the shaping on the pink/mauve one.

Great job.......I hate being sick.

That said I see that wool shrinks more in the width than in the length (provide your stitches go across and not up/down.) Nice to know when designing.

What stitches did you use?

I worked all of them very simple in half doubles the whole way through.

They're really lovely!! It's amazing how different things look after the felting process. Did the pink/purple purse turn out all bobbly cos one yarn shrunk more than the other? I've never felted so it's interesting how it worked up and I am just curious as to why.

What pretty bags! Love the shaping and colors on the first, but all are very different and unique. Great job. Hope you feel better real soon!

Debbie

• 2 weeks later...

I'm SOOOO jealous...my cold got me a half day off...and 2 weeks later ...i'm still told I sound horrible! Maybe I should have taken a couple of days.

Thanks for the great posts...nice soup to nuts pics...nice work!

Actually, you put your downtime to good use. A whole weekend to crochet! Sorry to hear you were sick, but you did some great work on those bags.

I hope you are feeling better!

:manyheart

Archived