Do you have a room just for your crochet work?

Gran

well I got lucky one of my chicks left the nest and The next in line moved down to the cave so DH and I Moved into her room and our "old Room" is now an office. So I have all my Tupperware supplies, two computers, futon, tv and crochet in a nice cozy room the only thing is that I still have all my yarn in the downstairs closet and my pattern books are on the bookshelf in my bedroom.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a room where I keep all my craft stuff. Mostly it is thread and yarn but I do have some other craft things in there too. I also have a big tote bag I carry everywhere and a rolling tote I keep in my master bedroom. The rolling tote keeps projects I like to work on while lying in bed watching tv. The big tote I mainly use in the living room to hold my current big projects. I use my c'ville tote for everyday outings and I have my room for my creative side and storage for my stash. This is truely a blessing to have.

I had one until my middle son decided to move back home :eek so I had to move out of his old room. Now it is in the living room and I cleaned out a closet that had old childrens books (gave to amvets)in it so most of my yarn is in there. I had to get plastic bins for my finished projects and scrap yarn which I have tons of, I am hoping to get the yarn winder so I can make a magic ball I guess it could be made without one but thats my birthday wish:hook.

I have a craft room in general. I keep my crochet, sewing, knitting, cross-stitch, etc all in there for the most part. I may bring stuff out to the living room while I'm working on it temporarily, but my craft room is it's home!

My husband has his own room too that he can sit in and watch tv or play a video game in if he wants. It's not the garage either!

Of course the trade-off is that the reason we have enough space for our own rooms is simply because we don't have kids. I suspect if we had kids we'd be lucky to have even our bedroom to ourselves for the most part! ;)

Yes I now have my own room for all my wool and crafting stuff. My son moved in with his fiancee in July so I moved all my stuff from the basement up into his old room.:cheer

Sort of. I live with 3 guys including DH and I am supposed to have the dining room for my stuff while they get the whole basement. About 1/3 of the dining room is occupied by my stuff, while the rest is walkways to the kitchen and basement and ski/climbing/general storage. We're still trying to get "moved in."

Now that would be heaven!!!

I have a walkway between bedroom and bathroom where all my crocheting, sewing, assorted other crafts, computer and household papers (bills etc...) are kept. I call it my "den", and I mean that literally. Keep watching for the varmints and animals to jump out of the cubby hole of a cave that it really is. But it is better than nothing...

I only dream of having a room for my crocheting because it is taking up space for now the yarn is in the closet I hope to have a space just for my crochet

• 2 weeks later...

Our old house (a rent house) had a huge utility room so aside from the washer and dryer it was my craft room.

The house we are in now (buying) is much smaller but it does have a small room at the back of the house that could be used for a craft room/office. Although to get a good sized dining table I'll probably have to use it for a dining room. *sigh

One day I'll just build my very own room.

My oldest son is leaving for college in June and the younger one will be year behind him. I hope to have a crochet room when one of them leaves... hopefully after the younger one cuz his room is bigger!

I'm right there with you. My kids are 15 and 12, almost 16 and 13. When the day comes, I'm going to be too busy moving into my new craft room to suffer from empty nest syndrome! :lol I even bought a little sign for my future craft room the other day. DH just shook his head at me!

Not that I'm rushing them, you understand...they've both been told they can live here while they go to college....I'm just looking forward to the day I can have a room to myself! :hook

My fourth bedroom is my craft room. I have a couch in there with a cabinet each end of it. The left cabinet has my painting supplies and my portable sewing machine in it. The right cabinet has all yarn stuff in it. I have a TV in there too, and craft supplies in the closet. It is just my room, and I love it!!!

Archived