Do you have a room just for your crochet work?

Gran

I used to have a huge room in the basement that was devoted to all my craft stuff. It was so disorganized you wouldn't believe it (or maybe you would). We recently moved and I thought I'd be able to control my stash, but no such luck. It's slowly taking over the house again though I'm doing much better at keeping most of it at bay.

Brae

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now it's kinda of spread all over the house BUT.....we're remodeling this house so in the end I will have a room just for my crafts (I also sew and scrapbook). I want one wall built with 1ft by 1ft cubes all across the wall to store/display my yarn and then I'll have a comfy recliner to sit in while I work. And then two separate tables, one for scrapbooking and one with my sewing machine on it. Oh it's going to be so great!! Too bad that room will be the last one we do......BOOOOO

Funny Gran!! I'm just like you. I have several baskets filled with yarn and ongoing projects. But i like them near me. It's always comforting to know my yarn is so close by - might sound silly, but crocheting really relaxes' me.

I have my stuff everywhere. I have two tall filing cabinets full of yarn. One is for yarn and the other one is for thread....yep a full filing cabinet of thread. I do have one drawer, top drawer of my thread cabinet, for hooks. I also have a cedar chest full in my bedroom, and a huge basket behind my recliner chair with currently used yarns...that seems to be turning into a throw everything in basket :think.

I think eventually everything will end up in a room by itself...if I can only get one of the kids to move out :devil . Just kidding.

Hope

Shelbyville, KY

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I did, but I live in a two bedroom house. I tried to convince my children to give me their room but they won't go for it. I have my stash in a small dresser, and under my bed.

Im with you dewbaby00, we have a 3 bedroom semidetached at the moment and i have a cupboard in the office, and that is where DH says all of my craft stuff should fit, and even he is commenting on how my yarn is taking over the house, after all my sewing and cross stitch stuff there is no room left in the craft cupboard, so i also have bottom 3 shelves of the bookshelf in the office and then also about 1.5x1.5m space in the lounge room (i kinda took over when the christmas tree came down - i just moved my yarn in there, Also wips everywhere, hubby makes comments sometimes

I have a room just for me, that is incredibly tiny. In it I have two sewing machines, all of my knitting, cross stitch, crochet, books, patterns, and oriental rug repair business with all of it's equipment and supplies. The guy that delivers the rugs from the gallery to my house, still doesn't know how I manage to repair 9'x12's in the tiny space. I just tell him that I have my ways. It does make me laugh, though. It's little bigger than a hole in the wall and reminds me of those National Geographic Pictures of people working in little cubbies along a market street in some remote country. However, it's all mine and I love it!:P

Oh yes:cheer. I have my own little room. It is our spare bedroom I have turned into a mini den. I have my computer, my tv, and my yarn. I love it in here. Me and the 2 :cat :cat .

Hubby says at least he know where I am!!!:D

i have a room for my yarn and my projects usually end up in totes through out the house depending on what its for charity friends etc. i have tote next to the couch that i keep my most current project in so the :cat's dont get into it then when its done and washed it goes to the other totes which are in the master bedroom

I usually do all my crocheting in my bedroom, this way my craft projects are left alone. My 5 children and my 3 kittens all love to play with my yarn, hooks and sometime the actual project has disappeared with one of my beloved culprits!

Right now, every room is for my crochet,,,but I mainly use the dining/living area. After we move, (next year), I will have a small room to use until the baby gets bigger, then I wil probably move things down into the tavernette,,,LOTS of storage space down there,,,,(and the wine cellar :devil )

• 1 year later...
We're remodeling our basement, to put my older son downthere plus a family room and I GET TO HAVE MY OWN CROCHET ROOM!!!!I am so excited ! My stuff right now is up and under this cubby hole behind the stairs and you can't stand upright its a real pain. I just can't wait to get organized with my yarn, and patterns ect.!!!

Oh the thought of having my own room for my crafting ....

Presently I have two 55 gal bins that are full ( I had to make sure I got tubs with locking tops to keep everything in :-D )

And countless plastic bags with a few skeins here and a few skeins there - mostly WIPs but some are just skeins I (or my dd) thought were pretty in the store....

I store my yarn in the back room close. My crochet books are on the bottom shelf in the living room by my recliner. And my WIP are sitting on the arm of my chair.

One day I would like to have a room just for my crochet/sewing projects!

Oh i wish i could have a room just for all my craft stuff. We do have a spare room at the moment but it is where my MIL stays when she visits (it's pretty often). Luckily my bedroom is fairly large so i'm able to cram in our queen size bed a large corner computer desk and a small desk for myself (sewing machine on top...craft stuff in the drawers). I also have some large Rubbermaid containers for my yarn. My large closet is currently housing all my WIP which are in spare laundry baskets.

I'm trying to organize a bit better because the WIP are starting to take over the whole closet, LOL.

I envy anyone who gets their own craft room!

I do. I live in a 3 bedrrom house and my daughters are married. :D

As soon as the second one got married I claimed their bedroom. It's now my office/craft room.

My yarn keeps spilling to the family room tho. That's where I watch tv and crochet. :)

I am blessed. My hubby even put shelves in the closet so I could store more stuff. :c9 :c9

I still have my son at home. Already making plans for when he leaves the house.:devil

If I ever get enough yarn stash to require a separate room for it, my husband would probably move out of the house. I do my crocheting in the living room, and my yarn is in the bedroom, but not scattered all over, it's pretty well organized in one spot.

I have my yarn and other craft supplies in what used to be a garage (the previous owners converted it into a room). However, I do all my crocheting in the living room (occasionally the bedroom if I can't sleep) and all my current projects live there along with the random crochet book or magazine and all my hooks. (they're in a little duffle bag-shaped cosmetic bag) It is wonderful to have a place to store my yarn (and other paraphenalia. I wish I could figure out a better way to store it so I could see it easily and yet not have it get dusty. Like on some kind of shelves with doors... right now it's all in translucent bins or shopping bags. Guess I need to watch for some cabinets...

Well now, I've moved since I started this thread. I now have a closet which has two hanging sweater-shelves full of yarn, a smallish wooden bookcase full of thread, and a top shelf full of WIPS and what wouldn't fit elsewhere. Oh, errr, and some one-pounders stacked on the floor in the closet (just for now, ha ha--they're invading the linens shelves).

Now that I've finally found my crochet hooks and their vases, they are out on a bookcase in my living room. I still have to find a place for my thread holders and my little rolling tea table which I turned into a moveable crochet table. Am working on getting this organized, but it comes in bits and dabs. It helped tremendously to give away all the yarn I didn't want to work with, and a few hooks I didn't like using.

Who knows, maybe I'll have a proper crochet niche in my little house one of these days. There's definitely been progress!

I still have my son at home. Already making plans for when he leaves the house.:devil

:lol I tried that when my daughter moved out... I made her room into a sewing/craft room.. since hubby took the other's daughter room and made it into an office. But then they started having babies of their own...so out went my sewing/craft room and now in a princess room for all 5 (soon to be 6) granddaughters!

So now I am trying to get him to add another room!

• 7 months later...

Archived