Do you have a room just for your crochet work?

Gran

Oh, how I wish I had a crafting room! That is a life long dream of mine! (and my mother's before me, and my grandmother's before that...etc.!) But my hubby and I still live in a little apartment, so all I have is a drawer dedicated to all things crochet. (I have to keep my stash VERY small.) But, as my mother always says, maybe someday when I'm rich and famous instead of so good lookin'.... :fame

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No but I wish I did too.

I have my stuff mostly "organized" in the laundry room. But I also have a tote in our "school area" (aka dining room) ith yarn in it. By *my* couch I have a bag with my current projects in it. There is sewing stuff piled in our bedroom.

I keep telling dh that when he builds me another house (he is a carpenter)--make sure he adds a craft/school room. Of course, with 7 children he is more concerned with more bedrooms. LOL

Funny you should ask...I have all my crocheted Christmas afghans stored in large plastic bags in our guest room! There wasn't any where else in the house to put them...I also have a sweater I knitted for a friend in there, too.

Oh that would be nice. However I don't think I would crochet in there. I like to crochet on the couch because it's so nice and comfy.

Currently I have two WIPS in my living room one in a plastic storage things with a lid (oval shaped and it latches), and one in a beach bag tote that has a drawstring top.

All my other Projects to Be and my stash of yarn are in two big storage tubs in the bottom of my closet.

I have mine fairly organized in my bedroom, used to have a separate room but that was eons ago....now we are in a small apt. I have 3 big tubs of yarn (don't recall how many gallons but 45 or 50 I think) and various bags of yarn, but they aren't too out of control yet lol

Cece

My oldest son is leaving for college in June and the younger one will be year behind him. I hope to have a crochet room when one of them leaves... hopefully after the younger one cuz his room is bigger!

This you do slowly, so no one notices it till it is to late. You start with shelves in the closet. Next you have to move the bed, cause you have to put up more shelves.

Before you know it, you have your craft room. lol

I have 2 closets with yarn, thread and books. Then I have walls with shelves for the dolls.

I am lucky there are only 2 of us. I keep looking at DH's closet (2 walkin closets, on for each of us ) cause it is bigger than mine and he keeps saying to stay out.:lol

• 2 weeks later...

I have a walk in closet that is full of totes of yarn, on the shelf, the floor, its not enough room, so i have smaller totes lying around, some in the dining room, some in the living room, Its in just about every room of my house. LOL

:eek

My stashes are on the small couch in living room WIP, stashes in the bedroom of finished blankets, and stashes in den/washroom in rubbermaid containers.

Oh more stashes even in my trunk of my car. (just in case I run out or want to start a project)...

Am I bad?

jaye

• 4 weeks later...

right now like you i have all of my yarn and supplies in the living room close to hand, but i'm not that organized. I'm hoping after Christmas I can whittle that down to just the project i'm working working on

I have a computer/craft room in my current apartment and the new place we picked out today has 3 bdrms so I will be able to have a craft room all to myself. Despite that, my crafts tend to leak out all over the place. LOL.

yes, it's called the family room. my stash has taken up the space behind the couch and is overflowing from two rather large baskets. and i have a decorative folding tapestry bin thing that i keep my WIPs in

• 4 weeks later...
I WISH!!! I'm tired of hiding all my stuff into different places, where I usually forget!!

I live in an apt.so the space is limited but my stash keeps growing :eek I did ask Santa for a special room, you wouldn't want to know his response :lol

Archived