Do you have a room just for your crochet work?

Gran

I have my crochet supplies in my living room and the yarn is in bags stuffed behind the furniture against the walls. The balls of thread are in baskets, supposedly nicely displayed or covered. The UFOs are on the chairs. The hooks are in little glass vases on the table of a floor lamp. I have a tea table which I converted to a crochet table by adding thread holders to it in several places. My patterns and crochet books are on the shelf at the bottom of the table.

This all sounds orderly but it is becoming like the fairy tale with the woman who made porridge and the porridge kept growing and spilled out over the pot and over the stove and out thru the door and thru the house and all thru the town and took over the town.... And all the woman had to do to was say, "Stop!" But, she didn't.

Lots of women have their own sewing rooms now. A room totally devoted to their needlework. Hmmmmm....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I am so lucky, I have a large room for my needlework - crochet, knitting, machine knitting, sewing and computer. Best of all, I have HUGE closets to store all my stash and patterns etc. I still have baskets of WIPs, patterns, magazines and books surrounding my chair in the living room, all part of being creative. Zaraliz

If you remove the dividers (*walls*) from within the main structure of my home, then yes ... :blush

Otherwise... only in my dreams!

There are 5-30 gallon storage tubs, 1-50 gallon storage tub, 2-22 gallon storage tubs, 3 large boxes & 3-55 gallon bags FULL of yarn that have spread from what was formerly known as the living room to what was formerly known as the dining room... soon to be in next to the dozen or so boxes of candle making supplies in the bedroom! :eek

I don't have a problem! Do I?!? :think

Well, at my mothers, I suppose one could say that my office is my own little crocheting room. At the dorms, my room is currently full or yarn and I can't see my bed at the moment. This will change when I get an apartment, I'm sure.

I don't have a crochet room but I have been told that when we get our new place I will need one....That would mean we need a 4+ bedroom house but I am beginning to think that is only in my dreams.....we have been in our 3 bdrm apt forever and housing around here is non exsistant.

Not yet...we're still in an apartment, so I have to be content with taking over our closet with my stash and taking over the front closet with my WIP bags...BUT!!! We've talked about what we want in a house, and even though we know we're probably 3-5 years away from getting into a house, we've already agreed that whatever house we buy has to have a full basement and that we'll be finishing at least half the basement and make it into two rooms...one for his computer stuff and one just for my crafting stuff!! So, I know once we're in a house, I'll have a whole room just for my stuff...and DH has already been warned that I want to plan an extra $1000 into the closing costs so that I can spend it on the yarn I'll need to justify having an entire room just for it LOL!!!

Jessie

My oldest son is leaving for college in June and the younger one will be year behind him. I hope to have a crochet room when one of them leaves... hopefully after the younger one cuz his room is bigger!

Yes I have my own room just for my crochet, however, I still have one large wicker basket here on the bottom of my antique library table, along with a decorated bushel basket, and quite a few pattern books. Then I have 2 magazine holders on a washstand beside the the table with patterns in them. No way I could go back to a computer desk as I'd have to move those things.

I have a yarn closet, formerly known as the coat closet. There are still coats in there but you can't get to them. In fact you can't even open the door because there are bags and baskets of yarn piled up in front of it. Oh, and I have a huge bag of yarn in my trunk...just until there is room for it in the closet.

I have a good sized room for all my yarn and my computer/bills paying, community Care Club, Fire Department, church business. It's a mess trying to organize all that - especially all the yarn - the rest can go into file drawers or on shelves. But the bins of yarn take up so much space and I haven't figured out the best way to sort the yarns. One of these days I'll spend a little less time crocheting and tackle the organizing. LOL

I have yarn stuffed in every corner of my apartment. I bought a large Rubber Maid container to help organize it, but after I filled that, I started stuffing it in the corners again. I even have it in my linen closet. If you want a clean towel, you have to grab one out from under my yarn. :blush

You'd think this would be enough to make me stop buying for a while, but I just order more. In my defence, my newest Patternworks catalog said it would be the last one if I didn't order. Anyway, it was on sale. :devil

:skeletonPam

I just am finishing putting my craft room together! :clap My son is now in the basement we had finished for him. So I took his old room and now I have my very own room!!! I just put the shelves in the closet today and am still putting things away.:think I love the look of my room, its very old looking and I crackled all the walls and put glitter on the ceiling :2magic . The floor is completely stenciled w/suns moons and stars. I love having everything in one place finally!!! And its my room and no one can come in LOL I even have my own computer :yay I have all my yarn in a bookcase from Ikea that has little cubes, just like the lys around here. In fact she got hers from Ikea too!

I outgrew my yarn room! Hard to believe I know but I did! So I moved everything to the basment and took half of it for all of my crafts. I have two sewing machines set up. a craft table. Two huge shelves to hold most of my yarn. Three baskets full of fun fur. Three tubs full of small balls. One huge tub full of thread! Four tubs of material. Four more tubs of misc. craft supplies. Two containers full of thread for my sewing machine. A filing cabinet for all of my patterns (which aren't all put away yet) And my tv hooked to cable, plus I have a frig to hold my drinks and munchies! lol!:lol

:eekWell for me, what had started out as my craft (crochet)room ended up being the craft, kids clothes, kids toys, tools, holiday decoration room, and etc. lol. There was a time that I had the room all cleaned up and nice looking but not there is way too much to use it as an actual room. That room is on my "to do" list, lol. Along with alot of other non-crochet things that need done. I have to start working on the upstairs rooms soon and hopefully I can work something out. Maybe some day I'll have a room all of my own....no males or male stuff allowed, lol j/k.

I actually do have a designated "craft" room on the 2nd floor of our auto shop. But I have wool, etc everywhere in the house because it's too much energy to go outside, walk to the shop, up the stairs, etc to find what I am looking for.

:cat

I have a sewing/crochet room but my family complains that my stuff has seeped into other spaces, too. Put up shelves and I will fill them with yarn, fabrics, books and magazines.

No & I am not sure I want one. I prefer to crochet in the family room to tv shows, to boys doing homework, to dh sitting on the opposite sofa talking to me. BUT I could certainly benefit from a wall to wall shelving unit for yarn, pattern books, WIP's, etc. Maybe one day. Right now I have a floor to ceiling cabinet shelf that I use but it is really overflowing. I also have a couple of rubbermaid totes with yarn & a plastic 3 bin thing with wheels on it. That's full too. Ugh...more space :hook

I have my own room - kind of. We have a "bonus room" above our family room. It's like a finished attic, but it opens like a bedroom into the main second floor. It's a cute little room, with sloped walls, a fireplace, and fully finished. We have a queen-sized bed in there (for when we overflow the guest rooms), but otherwise it's mine - bwahaha! My husband made me a set of shelves for organized yarn storage, cubbies for patterns and extras... but I overflowed the shelves and the room! I have my sewing machine in the living room, a project basket in the den, and cutting implements and cloth all over the ping pong table. Eek. :eek I feel really blessed to have the room to start with, though!

i am working on getting myself organized and creating a craft room in my basement, which is a finished room. right now i have stuff stashed in closets everywhere which is annoying when i get inspired to create something.

I only recently am in a big enough space to have a separate crafts room. It's also my guest bedroom, but I have a futon not a bed (and I keep the futon folded up to use as a sofa). I have 2 bookshelves for yarn (I can now see almost all of my yarn), a basket of scrap yarns, my computer desk now houses my sewing machine (and it has a separate arm that folds out that'll be perfect for blocking doilies).

I also have a bookshelf with books, and so I like to go in that room (especially on the weekends) and layabout and read in there. It has become one of my favorite rooms to be in.

I tend to crochet while I'm watching TV (especially football!), so I keep what I'm actively working on in the living room with me.

Live at home, so yarn is all in bins in my brother's old room (the one Dad sleeps in when he stays up late watching TV). I really would love a craft room. I'd like some of those V shelves so that I can sort and store all my yarn along the wall. When I build my house, I'm going to do that. Library/craft room.

Archived