Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

I just finished the starting chain for the Rectangle Granny, but now am stuck since i don't want to add a different color like it says in the instructions. Is there a way to get around having to fasten off to start round 2? :think

Just don't fasten off and sl st to the corner.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished the starting chain for the Rectangle Granny, but now am stuck since i don't want to add a different color like it says in the instructions. Is there a way to get around having to fasten off to start round 2? :think

You can sl st to the next ch space and continue on, just like a regular granny square.

I prefer do the corner stop like on regular granny squares I do. What I do is start at a corner and do a ch 3, 2 dc, then work the sides. Then when I get to the starting corner I do the 3 dc and ch 1, then sc in the top of the ch 3. This puts me in the middle of the corner to start again [oh I usually start with a ch 2 for the dc].

But whatever you want to do is up to you.

Is this CAL still going on? I'd llike to join. How many row can we call it at? I never know when to stop.

Meegan

Yep, even though we haven't posted in a week or two, it's still going on. I haven't worked on mine for a while. But still working on it.

You can stop when you are tired of it or it's big enough or it's time to give it away:lol. I'm making mine big enough so I can lay down on it or have it over me while I lay flat and it reaches from my shoulders to over my feet. So there is no set rows or rounds you need to do. You get to decide that on this afghan.

Debbi

Photo's are clickable

*******Queen Sized Giant Granny

th_IM001853.jpg

th_IM001852.jpg

th_IM001851.jpg

See what happens when your stuck in a trailer all winter :hook

I'm not sure if I am done yet, it seems to just keep going and going and going, :lol

CrochetCatskills

Cindy

Cindy, that is beautiful! You've done a great job.

If you're done, you could start another one... maybe try the rectangle granny square for a change.

Debbi

PS: I haven't worked on mine for a while.... one day I'll get back to it...

That is really pretty,

I am going to make some and donate them to a nursing home here for them to use as bingo prizes, I already done one and someone already got it.I have lots of scraps of yarn.

• 2 weeks later...

want to join in!! i've never ever had success with the granny square!! mine are always the "lopsided" ones which drives me nuts so i decided to try again and turn my work after each color and it's actually working out!! so proud of myself

question is: if u do it this way, would u just "choose" a side to actually make the wrong and right side? especially since on one of the sides you have to sew in the ends

what do u all think?

Hey ladies, I am just starting this blanket. I am doing it for my puppies with scrap yarn I think they will like it. They are going to puppy daycare and I want them to have something from home. I hope no one is upset about my making it for them. I hope to post some pics of it soon. I will post more I love to see how everyone is doing. see ya, britt:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

want to join in!! i've never ever had success with the granny square!! mine are always the "lopsided" ones which drives me nuts so i decided to try again and turn my work after each color and it's actually working out!! so proud of myself

question is: if u do it this way, would u just "choose" a side to actually make the wrong and right side? especially since on one of the sides you have to sew in the ends

what do u all think?

I would do that. Maybe your last round will be the right side so that the last round is facing you. Or just choose a side. Actually if you are careful about weaving in ends, no one will be able to tell anyway.

I love the idea of these for puppy blankets.

Debbi

what do u all think?

What I would do is to continue to turn your work when your

working the border. That way there won't be a right or wrong side. I've done that and it was nice.

Hey I am so glad to see this at the top of the posting that are new today. I would love to see this stay so active we are in the top five or even ten. I am still going along on my blanket. I started with choclate and I am need to find the next color. You think that it wouldn't be a big deal but I still want it to be a nice color match. I guess I will go and look in my yarn bag. I went back a few pages and saw that beautiful one with all the colors. All I can say it WOW!!!!! Well see ya soon, britt:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Well I haven't been here in a while, becuase I hadn't touched either one of the giant granny square afghans, but the streak has ended!!! I picked up GGS #1 and almost did a whole round.... it's pretty big but still not big enough.... I have all the yarn needed to finish it, now I just have to make the time!

Hope everyone else is making good progress!!!

Well, I'm going to have to join in on this one. I have completed one Giant Granny Square a few week's ago. I have now started on a rectangle granny afghan. The color's are white, country rose and light sage, the color's look great together.

Blessings,

Lynn

Well I haven't been here in a while, becuase I hadn't touched either one of the giant granny square afghans, but the streak has ended!!! I picked up GGS #1 and almost did a whole round.... it's pretty big but still not big enough.... I have all the yarn needed to finish it, now I just have to make the time!

Hope everyone else is making good progress!!!

Not me. :blush I was busy making charity squares this month, I did some things, but not a lot of other things besides the squares. Although I would like to finish this. So I can have a nother WIP done:yes. Plus that gives me ane excuse to make something else:lol

Well, I'm going to have to join in on this one. I have completed one Giant Granny Square a few week's ago. I have now started on a rectangle granny afghan. The color's are white, country rose and light sage, the color's look great together.

Blessings,

Lynn

Oh I be that will look great. I had a vertigated with those colors. I really liked it too.

Debbi

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally completed my Rectangle Granny afhgan. I finished it last night. My little girl is wanting me to get more yarn and make it into a bedspread for her to use during the summer. Which I was already thinking about it, but I also thought I'd make her one that had more pink's in it. And let this one be a Christmas gift, but I also want to keep it. I know I'll have to pick up more yarn and make another one anyway, because I love the color's.

th_ScannedPhoto-26.jpg

th_ScannedPhoto-25.jpg

The color's I used was Red Heart's WW White, Country Rose and Light Sage. The above photo's are the picture's I took while it was a work in progress and taken last weekend. I'll try and get some picture's of it later in the week, on a day that isn't so cloudy. And I hope I added the photo's right.

Hope you like it.

Blessings,

Lynn

I almost forgot, here is some photo's of the granny baby blanket I finished several week's ago.

th_ScannedPhoto-22.jpg

th_ScannedPhoto-9.jpg

th_ScannedPhoto-8.jpg

The color's used is Red Heart's WW White, Light Yellow and Mint green. I found that these WW's was really soft. And just a little softer than the baby yarn, don't know why it was, unless there was a mistake made. The blanket is so soft.

I'm also fixing to start on another one. My little girl helped pick out the yarn in the hopes it will be used for a baby brother. Now, where is that baby. LOL

Blessings,

Lynn

i'm working on one of these myself right now! i ran outta the yarn i need to finish the queen sized granny square that i'm doing for my friend's wedding on may 3rd. grins, debra

Those are beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

Blessings,

Lynn

Lynn those aer grogeous! :clap You did a great job on those 2. Thanks for sharing the photos. I can see why your daugther (and you) want that afghan.:yes

Debbi

Thanks Debbi,

I enjoyed making it also. I'm going to pick up the yarn in a few days to make it bigger. She is wanting it so badly.

Blessings,

Lynn

Hi all, I am still in the process of maiking a GG from my student. If she passes the State exams, she gets it in June. If not, after Summer School in August.Either way it has been a motivation for her to do her homework, classwork and social behavior mods.

Meegan

Archived