Giant Granny Square Afgan Along?

Melibean223

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I hope this works (keeping fingers crossed)

Here is what I have so far on my giant granny square....I also went with the regular pattern rather than the rectangular one. My mom suggested the color rotation and I think she had something there..

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/crochetk/melannie014.jpg

I've been lurking here at Crochetville for a while. I just joined and I have joined this CAL also. Here is what I'm doing. The colors are Caron Simply Softs' Grape, Limelight and Black. It's a XMAS Gift for my 80 y/o momma. :yay

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/itsdonna35/cal1.jpg

Melanie I love your colors I used very similar colors if not the same ones only I did mine as a rectangle not a square I have to get pics of it up now that it is finished, and I should probably get pics of the one I'm making for my little brother too. But it is very pretty and Donna yours is awsome I wish I knew someone that would appreciate the bright colors I would make them a gahn.

Well, I have discovered a couple of things during this CAL.

1. Just because the yarn is from the same die lot, doesn't mean that it's ALL THE SAME COLOR. :rant

(Homespun is e-v-i-l ! Argh!)

2. Five skeins of Homespun only makes a lapghan. Therefore, causing me to buy MORE yarn which pretty much destroys my whole plan about making this blanket CHEAPLY by using my 40% off coupons. :faint

Hopefully I can find more coupons in Sunday's paper, AND hopefully they will still have the same die lot at the store. NOT that it actually matters. lol....

no no no you people are evil lol...

I haven't even finnished my first one and i started 3 more talk about WIPS!!!

I got that bernat blue brown and white one i'm doing and I started a Redheart Gemestone One and red heart Girlie Girl baby blanket style and a Pastel veriation baby blanket...

Evil I SAY EVIL!!

Good Afternoon Everyone:hook

I hope you are all doing real good:hook

I just made a giant granny CAL button, I have it on my blog, & I would like to share it, if anyone wants it!!

grannyalongbutton2346789.jpg

Hey Carol - nice work on the buttons, but I don't have a blog, so they won't do me much good. I know a lot of the ladies do, and their pages look kinda neat with all the buttons of everything they have done-- it reminds me of girl scout badges we used to earn !

JulieKay:yay

Oh how well I remember about when I was in Girl Scouts !! :clap I do believe that's why I just don't give up, on my blog, & I finally learned how to put the buttons on it, it only took long enough:think but it's so much fun:yes I do have to watch how much time I spend on the blog, there's work to do:eek :clap:lol:ty

Melannie - I love what you have done so far. The purples are beautiful, my eldest daughter loves purple and if she saw that she would want one.

Carol - I love the buttons, your very clever. I dont have a blog either although I have been thinking about it.:yay

Good Afternoon to everyone:clap I just finished my smiley granny a little bit ago, and my hubby took some pictures for me, he's so sweet :manyheart I was going to add more colors, I think it's a good thing that I didn't, I didn't know it was this big!! it measures, 63 1/2" x 51 1/4" for one of our grandaughters!!!!:c9

Aussie, you ought to sign up for a blog, it's a lot of fun!!!

The buttons I made are 'jpg" not gif by the way,

SmileyGrannyFinished002.jpg

Archived