Smiley's Long Island Yarn Sale (ends Thursday 9/28 at 5 PM)

sakurasaku

I should have posted this earlier...I'm really sorry. Smiley's has off-site yarn sales occasionally and I went to the one in Long Island yesterday.

http://www.smileysyarns.com/

Click on "Long Island Sale" to see the flyer. Incredible prices on some yarns. Some are long discontinued, but where else can you get 6 skeins of Lion Brand Homespun for $10 (that was one of the things I picked up)?

I spent $50 (well, my BF spent $50) and came home with a large garbage bag full of yarn. Now I'm set for my scarf-making supplies for Christmas, and more. There are also yarns that are not on the list, like Homespun (though there was only one color...the color choices are limited).

They have Internet Sales also, but the shipping can be a bit high.

What was great was looking at all those yarns with other knitters and crocheters. There was such a good, friendly atmosphere that it really made me want to go to a CGOA conference and such. I think they are some of the nicest people you ever meet.

HI : I used to live in Brooklyn NY and I always went to smileys to buy yarns on there sidewalk sales... What great yarns and I miss that but i did go online yesterday and ordered some Sock yarns and the shipping is 9.95 flat rate but its well worth it as I can't travel right now to nyc.

I love the store...

Where on Long Island was it? I used to go to them but then I only saw the manhattan one being offered. I didnt see long island this year or last.

Where on Long Island was it? I used to go to them but then I only saw the manhattan one being offered. I didnt see long island this year or last.

It was in Holtsville (exit 63 off of the LIE). Since their Internet order requires a minimum purchase of $40 and a pretty high shipping, I try to make it to these sales events.

You can join their mailing list on their web site and they will alert you to upcoming sales.

I will be going to the Manhattan one later this year, too. I once tried to go to their store in Queens by subway. It was a really long ride from Manhattan, there were very loud gang members (Latin King Nation or something) in the train car where we were sitting. :eek After riding like an hour, we found out that the subway service was interrupted and we'd have to switch to the bus to go the rest of the way, so we gave up and came home...:(

Archived