Oh no! Finger injury!

So, yesterday at work(I work in a small parts metal shop) I had just started a new kick press operation coining parts, which basically just means that I smash the tip of the part so that it slides easily into the outlet(i was making the prongy things on electrical plugs!). Well...after getting about 20 parts done, I went to do another...but the first finger on my right hand made it's way too far to the left and totally got smashed between the punch and the die. Yep...the entire left side of my finger got shaved off. It gushed. It hurt a lot. And now I can't crochet!!!!! My first finger is essential for the way I grip my yarn and hook!

This sucks so bad! :angry

You know, surprisingly, it didn't hurt that bad when it happened! But when my boss poured peroxide on it, oh my lord, it killed like a mother! For the rest of the day, I couldn't move it at all without it throbbing and burning!

Today, I can move it, but I can't put any pressure on it. I'm gonna let it air out and pray that it scarbs up quickly.

Take good care of it...lots of cleaning and ointment...so you can get back to hookin! I'd be so stubborn, I'd try a different way and totally mess up my wip. Best of luck for a speedy recovery!:sstar

Archived