a fair hook

Warning.... self horn tooting ahead....

I let my mother-in-law talk me into entering a hook in the local Spokane Interstate Fair this year. I'd never entered anything in a fair before, and was really skeptical that i'd win anything, especially since i had to enter in the wood carving category and those guys are REALLY good. Well... it turns out they must have had a special Z"Old Deadmancrick Fogey Crochet Hook, size aboutN" category. And i must have been the only one entered...

photo's in my blog.

Thanks Sally, but i think being the only one in the "Old Fogey Deadmancrick Hook Whittler, Size About N" class might have helped a bit.

Well plain or not, they have to be some pretty special hooks. I hope they're with you now. I think there's something really special having a tool (hook) that has been well used by someone who means alot to you.

That is so wonderful that you won the BLUE RIBBON in the "Old Fogey Deadmancrick Hook Whittler, Size About N" category! I KNOW yours was the best, so don't be modest; I'm sure the other hooks in the "Old Fogey Deadmancrick Hook Whittler, Size About N" category couldn't hold a candle to yours!

And to think... I OWN some of these famous pieces of art made by the World Renowned winner of the "Old Fogey Deadmancrick Hook Whittler, Size About N" contest!:cheer

Go JIMBO, Go JIMBO, Go JIMBO!:yay

Ah, well little lady (my best John Wayne imitation) i just might hafta sign up fer the Old Fogey Deadmancrick Hook Whittler, Size About K" category next year! That is if i can get my head through the door. Funny, it didn't seem to be such a tight fit yesterday.

Congrats on your blue ribbon in the "Old Fogey Deadmancrick Hook Whittler, Size About N" category!:cheer :cheer

Of course anyone that owns one has already given you the Grand Champion ribbon for the ones that they have..

Jimbo...your hooks are all amazing. I hadn't been able to get to your blog in a couple weeks ans see that I have missed lots of cool hooks.

Ah, well little lady (my best John Wayne imitation) i just might hafta sign up fer the Old Fogey Deadmancrick Hook Whittler, Size About K" category next year! That is if i can get my head through the door. Funny, it didn't seem to be such a tight fit yesterday.

Ah, shrinking door syndrome, hmm... that happens sometimes - of course you know that, working with wood and all... I can't wait for the Deadmancrick Hook Whittler, Size About K category next year... of course after THAT blue ribbon you'll have to put in a barn-door to get in!:lol

Archived