~*~Update~*~ Project is DONE - THANK YOU! Comfort-ghan Needed for My 2nd Mom...

KnicKnac

Hi Kiki! Thanks for checking in! I have actually started this monster project this afternoon, it's running smoothly, alot better than I thought it was going to go. I will take some pics shortly and show you all my progress!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok people, I have officially STARTED this...I intend on posting pictures of my progress each evening. I am using Drew's method of assembly and I think it's turning out quite nice. It's actually alot easier than I thought it would be.

My husband spent about a half hour this evening laying it out for me. He works with color so he is better at it than I. I took a picture of it so I could follow it.

But here is what is done so far. I decided to alternate between rust and green. Because of the lighter and darker colored squares I received!

th_comfortghan-01-1.jpg

Hope you all like it! (Image is Clickable!)

I am very interested in that border you are using around the squares. Is that part of Drew's (Crochet Dude), method for joining the squares? I have never tried it, so I am hoping that by watching your progress, I will learn something. This is so incredible! You are doing great absolutely fabulous! :cheer

Hi Daisy!!!

Yes, that is Drew's method, and it's actually really easy! I was dreading this part of the process, but no more!!! This is fun!!! I will have more squares ready to post later tonight!!!

I could have sworn I posted a picture of the last box I received!

Daisy, thank you so much for these 24 squares! Above and beyond the call of duty, but made me have enough to put together a most lovely comfortghan!

th_daisy-squares.jpg

Image is clickable!

Going up to edit original post!

Okay, so I got carried away with the sunflowers....just couldn't help myself, :lol ......now you are all making me blush :blush I just can't wait to see the continued progress on this afghan and how it will look with EVERYONE's squares are put together. It's going to be fabulous for sure!

KnicKnac, you are doing a beautiful job with it! You are going to have to coach me one of these days, when I get my turn to put squares together. I never did that before......shame on me!

Oh Daisy, you do such pretty work. All of these squares that EVERYONE sent me are so very, very nice and well done!

Ok, here is my update photo for tonight! I think it's coming together rather nicely....I just wish I could take better pictures!

Image is clickable!

th_progress-02.jpg

KnicKnac, Your pictures are GREAT! I'm impressed with how beautiful the afghan is coming along. It's already Gorgeous and you've only just begun. :cheer :cheer :cheer I think I am going to cheer you on, on this, as this is a lot of work for you to figure out where everything is going to go...and then crochet all those pieces together. You deserve the cheers! :cheer :cheer :cheer

Sorry, dummy me just has to ask...... are you putting a separate border around each square before you join it...or is it a join as you go kind of thing?

Oh gosh Daisy! Your a great cheerleader!

Thanks Ilene!

It's a border you do on each square then attach it on the last row. Well actually, it's only a two row border...one of sc's and then this chain three skip two thing. But when you are attaching it, it's a chain two, remove hook, insert hook to attaching square, insert hook into loose loop and chain one thing! LOL

Now that I have THOROUGHLY confused you!!!

KnicKnac, the ghan is looking great! I love Drew's joining method, it is similar to the flat braid joining I'm using on my neverending yo-yo scrapghan :lol So much better than (muffle gag reflex) whipstitching the squares together (eww I hate sewing squares together!)

Ok...here is my progress for today...18 squares down - so it's about 1/3 of the way!!!

What do you think? All I think is that there are a ton of generous and talented people here at the 'Ville!!!

th_progress-03.jpg

Image is Clickable!

Oooh-la-la, I love your arrangement! The afghan is lookin' sooooooo good! I love how you post each day's progress! It's fun to watch, follow and look at. It's beautful eye candy! This is truly a labor of love!

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Hugs,

Daisy

OH YES!!!

Please, praise goes to my hubby, the color co-ordinator of the family because I have absolutely NO color sense whatsoever. He spent about 30 minutes the other night making the arrangement for me. I took lots of pictures from all angles so that I had to a grid to go by!!!

Thank you both for the kind words.

Ok...it's been a few days since I last posted. I had to take a break this weekend and work on "other" things. But today I made a deal with myself that I would work on it until it was HALF done.

I am officially HALF DONE!

This ghan is going to be AWESOME! and HUGE!!!!

th_comfortghan-06.jpg

Archived