Help with Granny's Flower pattern

boobatrap

Question

I'm just learning so bear with me. I'll type out the pattern so it's easier on the wonderful person thay may help me.

Motif: CH 6, sl st to form ring.

Row 1: CH 7, tr in ring. *CH 2, tr in ring. Repeat from * 9 times. End ch 2, sl-st in 5th ch of ch-7.

Row 2: CH 3, 2 dc in ch-2 sp, dc in tr, 3 dc in next ch-2 sp, *CH 2, 3 dc in ch-2 sp, dc in 3 ch-2 sp.

Repeat from * 4 times. Ch 2, sl st in top of ch-3, fasten off.

The questions I have are red & underlined. Anybody able to help the helpless (me)...lol :think

5 answers to this question

Ok, END CH-2 means that on your LAST repeat, don't do the "tr in ring", just do the ch2...then slip stitch.

dc in tr means that you are going to YO, put your hook in the tr stitch below it, pull up a thread, then finish your dc.

As for the 3 ch-2 sp, I'd have to be doing it - this one isn't popping for me as to what they mean....

OK, just tried it. My guess is that it's a typo. Is this a published pattern, or a freebie online?

I *think* it's supposed to read the same as the line before it, 3 dc in ch-2 sp.

My best advice is to post the name of the pattern, the publication it is in and ask if anyone has it or has done it, see if they have any insight.

I'm just learning so bear with me. I'll type out the pattern so it's easier on the wonderful person thay may help me.

Motif: CH 6, sl st to form ring.

Row 1: CH 7, tr in ring. *CH 2, tr in ring. Repeat from * 9 times. End ch 2, sl-st in 5th ch of ch-7.

Row 2: CH 3, 2 dc in ch-2 sp, dc in tr, 3 dc in next ch-2 sp, *CH 2, 3 dc in ch-2 sp, dc in 3 ch-2 sp.

Repeat from * 4 times. Ch 2, sl st in top of ch-3, fasten off.

The questions I have are red & underlined. Anybody able to help the helpless (me)...lol :think

Here's what I've been able to figure out from just reading (in blue). Perhaps someone else can help with your last question??

Row 1: CH 7, tr in ring. *CH 2, tr in ring. Repeat from * 9 times. End with a ch 2, then sl-st in 5th ch of the beginning ch-7.

Row 2: CH 3, 2 dc in ch-2 sp, dc in the top of the tr (from the previous row), 3 dc in next ch-2 sp, *CH 2, 3 dc in ch-2 sp, dc in 3 ch-2 sp.

Hi boobatrap!

I think Krystal16 is right and that the dc in 3 ch-2 sp is a typo and probably should read 3dc in ch-2 sp. However, that only gives you 2 chains for the corners -- it's a hexagon, yes? -- which I wouldn't think is enough; I'd expect to have some extra stitches there too. And I don't understand the purpose of that dc in tr, which doesn't appear anywhere else and gives an extra stitch in that block.

Here's a free pattern for a similar Granny's Flower that I think is much clearer, with better corners (and it has diagrams too!)

Smiles,

Thank you Nightowl! It seems I had been doing it right after all but it just doesn't right. I don't want to end up making 583 if their not going to look right since I'll be making an afgan. I'll check out the link you sent me. Thanks again.

I can't forget to thank everybody else who responded also...

THANK YOU!

Archived