New Idea...Need Input

Tracey4610

Question

Does anyone know of any sources that show how to 'translate' sewing techniques into crochet? I don't mean just basic sewing (i.e., whipstitch, etc.), but more along the lines of smocking, tucks, gathers, pleats, piping, etc.? You know, more along the lines of the really hands-on kind of thing? I believe I have found ways to do each of these things without making them look stupid...In fact, I've tried most of them and they look pretty classy. I'm writing everything down and as I work on each sample swatch, I plan to take pictures. If there isn't anything out there as of yet, would this help other designers, beginner and advanced alike? Let me know what you think!! TIA, Tracey

6 answers to this question

Does anyone else think this may be a good idea? If I need to elaborate more, please see me blog for details. I'm currently working on this project for myself for my own designs, but I'm willing to share them if there's enough interest. TIA,

Tracey

Tracey, I think it is a terrific idea and very generous of you to offer to share what you've found. Yes please! I would love to learn your techniques and I bet they could be used in many different ways and situations. Thank you! :hug

Smiles,

Archived