Annie's Attic

i hate that, which is why i cut and paste the darn things when i am going to print them out takes a bit of time but well worth it:yes :yes

Unfortunately, I'm using Webtv...the time it would take me to cut/paste, I could have crocheted the pattern! LOL

charkitty

I always save the pattern in Word and the ads would be doubled when I pasted the pattern. it does let me get rid of them though.

My black ink cartridge costs as much as the printer costs new (just black, not colour) and I am not wasting ink on someone ele's advertizing.

The ads annoy me too! However if they weren't there, we would probably be paying to use the site! I wish they wouldn't put it in the middle of the pattern, at least on the printable version. I usually cut and paste also.

This is a major pet peeve of mine as well!

Isn't the whole point of 'printer friendly' so that our ink is not wasted? I can understand the ads being there for the regular version but not on the 'printer friendly' version. Why do they even bother to make a printer friendly page?

Alright everybody....go to the Free Pattern of the Day page and click on their 'Customer Care' page and email them about it! I just did! :D

I always save the pattern in Word and the ads would be doubled when I pasted the pattern. it does let me get rid of them though.

My black ink cartridge costs as much as the printer costs new (just black, not colour) and I am not wasting ink on someone ele's advertizing.

When you're copy/pasting the pattern into Word, dont highlight the entire page and then copy. Use your mouse to copy just the text (and whatever pictures and graphs they have) and stop before you get to the ads. Paste it into Word, and then go back and get whatever important text they put below the ads.

If you copy/paste everything on the page, you can still delete the ads. Just right click on the advertisement once you have everything in Word, and you get a gray menu box that will give you an option to delete the picture (the advertisement)

I have done that second technique a couple of times for patterns that aren't too large. but I find it isn't worth it for the couple of seconds it takes to hit the delete button when you have a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong pattern to get highlighted and pasted.

I guess it was too good to be true. The ads are back for tomorrow's pattern of the day. :angry:think

Received a reply from Annie's Attic that suggests cut/paste and there is no way they can remove ads. Guess we're stuck with those GIGANTIC ads in the middle of the patterns!

charkitty

Archived