crocheted nativity set???

The Annie's Attic version can often be found on eBay. Here's one example on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Crochet-Craft-Nativity-Birth-of-Christ-Booklet_W0QQitemZ220030449248QQihZ012QQcategoryZ41232QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. (There is no photo of the back cover of this pattern booklet, but there are several more animals, including a darling camel.) Usually the auctions go through the roof and there's one seller asking for over $50 for buy-it-now.

I've seen other versions on eBay but Annie's Attic's seems to be the most popular. If you download the photo from the eBay auction, you'll have it in front of you when you crochet the pieces from the directions you have.....

• 1 month later...

Have you had a chance to make this yet? I've been dying to make one ever since I saw one on my aunt's coffee table several years ago. I've looked at this pattern and it seems to be missing Mary's arms and legs, and a lot of the other instructions tell you to refer back to Mary's instructions. I'm a little hesitant to try making up a pattern for the arms and legs; have you had any luck? Thanks!

Has anyone ever made this? If so, can you post a picture. There is no picture with the directions. I'm really curious how this set looks. Might be a cool CAL??? Just a thought.

http://keppie.htmlplanet.com/craft/C-nat.html

I'll be moving as soon as the house is sold and am already packing up "extraneous" stuff--translation 50 years work of magazines of fiber arts. Plus inherited books and leaflets, plus ones that I still had when I closed the store.

They're packed away so it won't be this holiday season, but I've got at least 5 crocheted nativities and 3, I think, knitted ones. They've been around since at least the sixties.

I haven't seen it for a while (years) but I had a nativity set that used Barbie and Ken back when in outfits. There's at least 3 or 4 in plastic canvas too.

Llinn

Archived