posting

someone from another forum said they were not allowed to post on crochetville. she said she joined a few years back but never posted. she said that she put in her new gmail addy , it said she was logged on but wont let her post.said she wanted to comment on some items people have made, but it said, you are not allowed to post. does or can anyone tell me what is wrong so i can tell her what to do. she really wants to post here at the ville.not sure if this is where this should go. please let me know so i can tell her. thanks jackie

Hi Jackie

Is this knottedmind? If so, I've PM'd Amy (yarnaholic) with her details and hopefully one of the admins will soon be in touch with her.

Smiles,

Just thought I'd give everyone an explanation about what the likely cause of this problem. (I just know you're all dying of curiosity, right?)

First of all, we haven't banned her from posting or anything. :)

When you change the email address associated with your forum account, I believe the forum sends out the same email to verify your email address as it does when you first register. If you don't click on the link in that email to verify your new email address, you'll no longer be able to post until you do click on that link.

Of course, if you never receive that email, you can't click on the link and you can't post. A lot spam filters are now extra-aggressive with some things (while they still let some real spam through), and some people don't get these emails or the emails are put in their spam filters and they never see them.

If that ever happens to you, just use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any Crochetville page and let us know about the problem. Those emails go directly to Donna and me, and we'll do our best to get things working for you right away.

I've already fixed the problem for this particular person Nowl PMd me about, so she should be able to log in and start posting soon. :clap:clap:clap

Just thought I'd give everyone an explanation about what the likely cause of this problem. (I just know you're all dying of curiosity, right?)

:lol :lol :lol Yes, some of us geeks actually were.

Archived