Fabulous Pattern for Fabulous Yarn

Hello Ladies and Gents!!!

I'm in need of some HELP!!! :eek I bought this amazing yarn that is 223 yards of 100% virgin wool that was hand painted.

fabyarn.jpg

I bought it with my sister in mind. I need some ideas on what to make..... I think that it's probably going to be to itchy for a scarf unless she was wearing a turtle neck or something of the sort.

Does anyone have a great idea they can share for something to make to go along with the fabulous color?

Thanks guys!!!!! :hug

Ooooooh - gorgeous color!!! I was thinking a shawl or wrap of some sort as well - something she could wear and show off, but wouldn't necessarily be up against her skin. OR a bag or purse of some kind would be nice. Whatever it is, it'll be beautiful!:hook

Pretty yarn! :) 220 yards won't go too far, so it'll have to be a smallish project... Do you knit? It'll go a bit further w/knitting than w/crochet - but either one will be lovely. What about some cute felted flowers pins? Oh! We were at our LYS this week and saw gorgeous felted vases - they put recycled little glass jars inside when used for real flowers. Like this one: http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=258204 Here's a pattern which might work: http://ballostringdesigns.com/free/felted-thingy.html

Is there enough of that yarn for one of those adorable fat bottomed purses? I see that yarn as a purse... with a large silk flower in a complimentary color as embellishment.

or... does it match her home decor? what about a pillow for her bed or favorite chair? or a tea pot cozy? :think

:blush I'm alot of help.. aren't I? :hook

Another vote for a felted bag! Those colors are beautiful! No matter what, your sis will love it. I know I would.:c9 Let us know what you decide and post a pic when you finish!:clap

Archived