Family Circle Easy Crochet

Bearsgrammy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon this magazine at one of the local grocery stores that hardly EVER has anything new! I'm really loving the simple felted crochet items, esp. the tablerunner. I'll be trying that one! And the aran sweaters are pretty and don't look too difficult. Now if I could only find the time to finish everything else I'm working on...and I still haven't seen the newest issue of Crochet!:eek

I FINALLY found it today in our bookstore. I am tickled pink about those cute little high-top booties. My aunt has a 5 month old baby and is wondering what to get her to wear on her feet this winter as she isn't ready for shoes yet. She was going to try to find some little fleece booties, but now I can make some.

I am also very excited about the aran sweaters. They look very classic. If only I wasn't so busy making stuff for other people and could buy yarn to make something for myself! More incentive to get Christmas gifts done early, I guess.

Nicole

I saw this mag at CVS yesterday or the day before. I looked through, but I didn't like enough patterns to want to buy it. I did like one or two, though, so maybe I'll see if AC Moore has it and I'll get it with the coupon.

I found this mag today at Wal-Mart! I bought it! There are a few cute patterns in it plus they have three 40% off coupons in it for Joanns for yarn! That would have been helpful yesterday since I bought my yarn for the Felt CAL yesterday, UGH! Anyway, I think it's a great mag! Much better then some that I've seen.

Hugs :hug

For those that are looking for the pattern of the sweater on the back, in the Premier issue of Crochet Today! there is cardi that is the same style only done in a different crochet stitch. The pattern is in the mag too. You can see a small picture on their website but it really doesn't show that much. I have the magazine and it's a very similar style sweater and the one from Bernat/Haven. To see a picture, click on the link.

http://www.crochettoday.com/articlepage.aspx?articleid=31

I bought this one today. Funny how the Michaels and Hobby Lobby here don't have this magazine, but King Soopers does (and, Interweave Crochet and Knit 1! and Knit it!)... :think Anyway there's a lot of cute baby patterns in it, which is probably why I bought it, having three people I know that are pregnant.... :P

Tina

:rant Triple checked, huh?:lol I'm making the bath mitts as a shower gift for a friend and I am so frustrated!!! :bang It's super confusing and one ball is not enough!! Grrrrr....I mean, how hard can a bath mitt be? :yell:thair

Ahh Hah! I have triumphed! I didn't have to add much white to finish it but I did have to add a little. Not the point though. The moral of this story is I WON!! Hahahaha! (It's official, that pattern drove me crazy!)

I bought it today at Wal-Mart It is a really nice issue Jane Davis the Author of the book felted crochet has a beautiful felted fall table runner and bowl in there the runner looks complicated but I read the instructions and the stripes are surface crocheted on it before felting! There is alot of cute caps, hats and scarves in it and a really pretty fall cape

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I cannot find the newest issue of CROCHET! I LOVE that magazine and I LOVE Intervweave knits crochet magazine anyone find CROCHET! the new one with the girl in the red sweater on front????? I WANT IT I WANT IT!:blush

I picked mine up at the grocery store today. I was so happy to see it. There is a very cute mobile set that I will make for my classroom. It's stars, the moon and the sun. It's very cute.

Also, a very cute pink baby sweater and hat.

It's a great issue. Thanks for letting me know about it.

:manyheart

I got mine at Wal-Mart today.

It's okay. Not great. Not that much different than what we've seen.

I too like the cardi-wrap on the back, thanks for letting me know where to get the pattern.

I do have Crochet Today but might still want this pattern. ;)

I'm thinking I saw one more cardi-wrap somewhere else, maybe free. Can't remember off hand.

I was liking the felted bowl until I saw it's actually a bowl cover. I'm just not that into 'cozies' for everything.

Be careful about the coupons. They're only good for one skein per coupon for Bernat Boa, Patons Classic Merino Wool, and Sugar n Cream.

I can't believe no one's mentioned how all the patterns are for Bernat, Patons, or Sugar n Cream.

:)

ok~I just have to ask!!! Someone mentioned that they knew were you could find this pattern......So please tell!!!

I really think this looks comfy and simple~I would really love to find this pattern!!

Help please~

mgf~:yay

ok~I just have to ask!!! Someone mentioned that they knew were you could find this pattern......So please tell!!!

I really think this looks comfy and simple~I would really love to find this pattern!!

Help please~

mgf~:yay

In post #38 of this thread (page 2), I mentioned there is a similar pattern in the premier issue of Crochet Today. To see a picture, go to:

http://www.crochettoday.com/articlepage.aspx?articleid=31

I just bought this mag a few days ago, and I think it's a great investment for the money... only $6 and it has more patterns than a lot of the books out there. The aran-look sweater ARE really cool. And for me, being a plus-size girl, it was GREAT to see that the sizes for almost all of the garments go up to 3XL! Hurrah!

Archived