Searching for a shrug pattern from here

Tiga

Question

At least I think I saw it here.

There was a picture of the shrug, laid out to show it was a circle, and I remember that the designer stated that you can put it on upside-down, and it doesn't have a top or a bottom; the top can be a small collar and have a long back or the bottom can be a larger collar and have a short back.

It might have been light blue or light green.

I'm going insane trying to find it. I've searched for "Circular shrug", "circular shawl", "shrug", "shawl" and I either get nothing or get so much that I'm overwhelmed.

Does anyone recall the pattern I'm talking about or have I completely lost my mind???

EDIT:

I am looking for a green, sleeveless shrug that may have been based on a doily or tablecloth pattern. The designer took a picture of it laid out in a circle, and it had slots for armholes. It could be worn in two ways.

23 answers to this question

Tiga I think I know what you're after and it's none of the links posted. It's a green colour, and (no offence to the designer/maker AT ALL) looks a little like a round tablecloth with a slot on either side for the arms to go through. As is always the way, when looking for something I cannot find it. Is that the one you're after? I will keep looking cos I'll be damned if it beats me!! :D

I Think you are talking about the cocoon sweater It dont matter which way you put it on . I cant remember where the link is that I got it maybe I can look up my pattern and find out it is also called the polish sweater hope this helps I cant remember if it showed a picture but I do know that a lot of people have made it . how about it ladies help her out ! I make a lot of them to sell and I do believe that they will go 1 more season

Are you thinking of the pattern for sale in the Lion Brand Yarn catalog? It is called a half moon shawl, is listed as easy crochet. You are right, it is shown in a light green color. The pattern # is 60274A & costs $3.95. The kit is #60274 & costs $31.95. Uses a size N hook. It is listed on page 8 if you have the yarn catalog. Otherwise you can go to the www.lionbrand.com website to find it. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Chana

try the Lacy Leaf Cocoon too... very similar look. I just found a few when searching in C'ville "cocoon"

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31618&page=5&highlight=doily+cardigan tiga, this isnt the one I was thinking of originally, the one i have in mind was darker. but this just reminded me about this cry for help

Nope, that one isn't it, AuntyM. I thought last night that it might be, and I misremembered the color, but it's not the same one.

It is very similar, though, and I think I will be trying it before I try the apparently evil-ally written Soft Sage Jacket!

I very clearly remember a picture of a green circle on a brownish tan rug, with just armholes. Sigh.

You know I'll stumble across it while I'm looking for something completely unrelated next month!

I, too, searched the Clothing show and tell, Original Patterns (both of 'em) and did a "search", too. Can't find it.

It's driving me crazy. And I know once I find it, I'll probably decide it's not what I want to make after all, and I'll just tackle the stupid Caron Soft Sage Circle jacket without ever having made a simple and easy circle jacket/shawl/whatevery!

Tiga I searched every folder I could think of and do you think I stumbled across it?? NOOO of course not! :irk At least you know you weren't imagining the garment :lol only, now I think I was.... :laughroll

Yes, Shell, that's the one I'm remembering! Thank goodness I haven't lost my mind, at least.

And I've found 14 bazillion nifty shrugs to make, so that's good.

I'm going to change the title of this thread to reflect the green-doilyness of the shrug I'm searching for!

Great idea to check my history! I think I saw it last week, when I was up late and couldn't sleep, so was reading old threads.

Hmm, the layout of the picture of the "waistcoat" is familiar, but I know it wasn't that fancy. I think I've seen that link before, though.

I'm probably just misremembering.

But I really clearly remember reading that it could be worn either way, like the Lacy Leaf Cocoon, but it was just a simple stitch pattern. Maybe the sleeves were added later?

Oh, the Simply Soft one is on my "way far time from now" to-make list, lol! I want to find this really, really easy one first.

I stupidly didn't bookmark it when I read it a few weeks ago, at 2 in the morning. I do know that it was an older thread, though.

Shrugs usually have sleeves and are very short.

Donna made the circular jacket I posted above and left off the sleeves. Is it possible that's what you're thinking of? Here's her thread:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34019

There's also this circular jacket that the poster calls a waistcoat. It's sleeveless and round. However it's not green at all. Thread:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31956

Her blog with pictures:

http://www.merrking.blogspot.com/

*posted at the same time as MamaHooks. lol

I don't think it was either one of those; although both are now on my planned project list!

I don't recall the one I'm remembering having sleeves, and I *think* it was crocheted in the round.

Was it this person's site you saw....http://www.merrking.blogspot.com/

I don't think it was either one of those; although both are now on my planned project list!

I don't recall the one I'm remembering having sleeves, and I *think* it was crocheted in the round.

Archived