OH MY! This is an expensive pattern!

Yeah 9.99 is a little steep. I certainly wouldn't pay it, especially since it doesn't look like an overly complicated pattern. It looks like a ripple gan with a hole in the middle for a head.

e-bay has a lot of expensive patterns for sale. They had one that was a 9.99 cover price and it sold for $ 70.00 plus. I guess they can get away with the high prices, because a lot of these high pricers are out of print.

but if they are out of print people will pay this for them especially if they are going to use them for certain things. There are several that I would love to have but just can't see paying that for them.

To me that is just insane! I don't care if it is out of print I can find something else to make that is a lot less expensive. Not to mention that if you look around you can probably get the same pattern somewhere else for a lot less. People on ebay tend to lose their minds in the bidding frenzy!

People on ebay tend to lose their minds in the bidding frenzy!
My DH and I have noticed this a lot on Ebay. People bid amounts above even suggested retail (who ever has to pay that?). Sometimes WAY above retail. It's the competition thing, I think.

Of course, some people get some fantastic deals too. :)

I have to add to this thread ..as I was one of those people that fed into the "frenzy" a few years ago. I was on a bidding war for a big roll of tulle. I wasn't even thinking when I kept increasing my bid. My husband was sitting on his computer next to me.. when the auction closed.. I hit his shoulder and declaired.. "I WON!!" WHOOO ..YAY!! .. OK.. here is what I won.. a 150 yd - 4 inches wide roll of tulle (the stuff you drape everywhere at weddings) FOR $35!!! I saw it at the store later for $3.95..

My husband will never let me live that one down. Yah..I sure won.. :)

Awww... it's so cute! I don't even HAVE any kids, or know any who I could put one on for sure just yet, but.... I really want to make one of these. :lol

I've been looking for a comparable pattern(s) to go by to do one, but can't find anything good; anyone know where I might find something? (other than the original, which I will be on the lookout for)

Archived