Guess what i got for my birthday!

You give? Ok.. i got a LATHE!!! Wah the heck hoo!! A bunch of folks all pitched in and bought me a really nice little lathe that's just perfect for turning........ HOOKS!! I've already turned some hook blanks with it..one is posted in my blog. But oh does this open up some interesting possibilities.

Not intending to abandon whittlin, mind you... but wow what an intriguing thing to use!

Now i'm messing around with some ideas that have been rickocheting around in my near empty head for a while now, like the tapered hook you can see in my blog... others will be forthcoming.

Happy Birthday!!!:yay

Congrats on the great present! I always wanted one of those..Maybe when DH get rid of some of the wood he collected there will be more room.. He still has a drill press in the box from 3 years ago...The warranty expired and the box hasn't been opened!!!!!:no

Ha! Thanks guys. The freeform hook is an idea i've been batting around for a long time and the lathe helps alot in getting the shape just right. But now i can do gauge too. Ok i'll be better getting smaller hook sizes with another idea that the lathe will help with as well. Oh this is soooo exciting i can hardly type!

Ha! Thanks guys. The freeform hook is an idea i've been batting around for a long time and the lathe helps alot in getting the shape just right. But now i can do gauge too. Ok i'll be better getting smaller hook sizes with another idea that the lathe will help with as well. Oh this is soooo exciting i can hardly type!

lol...

:clap :clap :clap Happy Birthday Jimbo and great news about the lathe! I'll be looking forward to some of those smaller hook sizes...just in case my own whittling projects don't work out...:D

Archived