hand pain-Does anyone use those Handeze crafter's gloves?

Hi friends,

I have been crocheting a lot lately-two or more hours a day and I noticed that I am starting to hurt on my right hand. It's mostly the bone between the wrist and the first knuckle of my thumb. It hurts a lot. Someone said it could be carpel tunnel, but I am not giving up Crocheting! No Way!

I was wondering if anyone is using those Handeze gloves that are supposed to help with hand pain. Do they work? How do they feel? Is it worth it? Or should I just live with the pain?

I will never quit crocheting!

:manyheart

Yes, I have used a crafters glove. It seems to help, but I think just about any kind of wrist support helps me along with ibuprofen. Also, you might try soaking your hands in hot water for 5 minutes or so before crocheting or during breaks. I had a mild stroke over 2 years ago and that helped a lot while doing exercises to get the use of my right hand back.

I have a Handeze brand somewhere in my craft supply stuff. Bought another brand at Walmart for around $5 a few months ago. It seems to work about the same. I suppose you could also use isotoner gloves with the fingertips cut off.

Yes, I use them and it sounds like we have the same pain

However mine is in my left hand. I will "roll" on Bio-freeze before bed along with two IB's

Take care, and take breaks

Kelly

Interesting fact about Handeze gloves. They were created by the same family behind Berrocco yarns! :) I know this cuz they are located in the same town as my mom.....Uxbridge, MA :)

pretty town, uxbridge is. i've driven thru two or three times. i live just north of providence.

hijack over.....

how funny about this thread! my mother and i have been talking about these over the past week!

Archived