I'm going to use my whole stash up!

The idea is to choose one of the above figures, I have chosen 50 ( I have way to much stash) and with only 3 excemptions for purchase. :clap

That is great I would do that to if I had the time. I had a new years eve goal of using 100 skiens for the year. I stopped counting but I don't think I was even at fifty yet. So 50 projects would be hard for me to pull off (Although I have enough yarn for twice that :lol )

Good Luck

YAY!! Just started another project that's ENTIRELY from my stash....

(OK, so it adds to my WIPs, but this one is getting DONE!)

It uses the Coats & Clark "Sunrise/Sunset" pattern (a freebie in the stores and on their site) except I am using all yellow for the suns, then alternating red, orange, green, blue, purple for the backgrounds. I'm calling it "Sunshine and Rainbows"!!! I'll post a pic when I get more done.... 7 skeins GONE!

Wow! Fran....You actually have a yarn SUPPLIER! How Lucky are YOU!:lol

This is a sample of our conversations:

Dad: Do you need more yarn? I found some today at a yard sale.

Me: Need? Define need? (moment of silence while I think) Hmmm... I don't really need yarn, but will not turn it down.

Dad: Well, your mother went thru it and picked out what she wanted, and then there's some there for your Aunt ..

Me: What kind of yarn did you get?

Dad: I dunno, its all kinds of colours, but your Mother and Aunt took most of it

Me: Ok, let me go look at it

So then I look at it and its an entire garbage bag (or at least several boxes) or really cool stuff - mostly with foreign labels (latest bunch was Norweigan, nubbly stuff - at least 5 skeins of each colour and about 6 different colours ... and a pile of WW stuff)

And then I'll check with my Mom, and she'll say "Your Father bought a bunch of crap today, I'll have to tell not to pick up anything else!!"

Yes, sometimes its horrible being me! lol

Fran

I've made this decision several times and failed miserably. If you can do it, you're a better woman than I. My stash just grew today, after another growth spurt last Friday.

It's alive.

Last summer I went for a pre-determined THREE WHOLE MONTHS :eek without purchasing a single skein of yarn; a stash-busting whirlwind was what I was. I made a bunch of lapghans and hats for charity. When the 3 months were ALMOST up... I was at Michael's nearly every other day, wandering the yarn aisles and petting skeins and promising them that I would be back to liberate them to a better place.

When I was free to buy again, I went crazy. :D I bought WAY TOO MUCH with no projects in mind. So.. I am never doing THAT again. :no

Now my plan is to make something for a gift or myself, and make one thing for charity before starting the next project. :hook So far.. so good.

Here's an update on how my stash busting quest is going. I finished a child's sized granny square afghan using white and green. I'm currently working on a scarf that I'm making on a knifty knitter. I still feel pretty strong here, no real big urges to go buy yarn yet. Except when the new Joann's flyer came in the mail the past week. I saw that Caron one pounders were going to be on sale and I did start to weaken for just a moment (or two). And then I realized, "I'm broke." And I went back to being strong. Its kind of funny right now. I just want to make things and then get them out of the house and move on to something else. I know that feeling won't last until my stash is done but I really think I can do this.

Karin

Karin, You've got me in the mindset as well. I can only buy yarn to finish a project that uses MOSTLY stash. Like black or ecrus as a contrast color, y'know?

I'm getting there.....

When I can reorganize my stash and get it to about half of what it is, then I will be happy! I figure a year or two?!?!?

Archived