Plastic Hook Question

MyGirlFriday

I have a pattern that calls for a "N" hook!!! I think I have a plastic one but it isn't labeled!!! Is there a way that you can measure it to see??? I don't have one of those measuring gadgets~is there another way?? I believe this is either a Boye or a Bates but I can't remember! It is grey plastic!

Any helpful hints would be great!!!

Thanks!!

mgf~ :frog

There should be an almost invisible marking near the bottom of the hook. Mine have a raised print molded into it. You might have to rub the bottom 2" or so of the hook to feel it and once you find it, you might be able to read it. :hook They really need to find a better way to mark these.

You could always take it with you to your local yarn shop where I'm sure they have those little measuring gadgets and maybe someone there would let you measure it... then when you find out what it is just mark it at the bottom with a Sharpie marker. I have a set of wooden hooks that aren't marked at all and I marked all of them with a tiny letter at the bottom...

I have an N hook and it is aluminum. Plastic hooks start with P on up. I hope this will help some. My gray one is a Boye P.

i'm sorry, are you saying that only P hooks come in plastic?

because if you are, that is in correct. i was in michael's today and they have ALL sizes. lionbrand has an F;G;H;I;J;K;N;

i'm pretty sure boyd and bates was there with plastic as well

I have solved my problem~I was at WalMart and went and looked at the crochet hooks! The one that I thought was an N is actually a P~so I picked up a pretty purple N to add to my collection! (Not like I need a new hook or nothing like that):yay

I am just working on a prayer shawl that a gal wrote a pattern for and it don't call for a guage~she just guaged it on how much yarn she uses!:yarn :yarn

I will now locate a marker and mark the P hook before I forget what it is!

Thanks for the assistance!!!

mgf~:frog

Archived