KnicKnac

WAY too many WIP's!!!

My family and SO try to keep me from buying more yarn. According to them, my stash is too large. Of course, my darling boyfriend's stash is about three times the size of mine. So, we made an arrangement; when I finish an afghan, he'll buy the yarn for me to make another. It would work quite well...But I have five afghans to finish.

Okay, update, made 2 dish clothes for my dad today...and I have DH's sweater vest over half done...what else...oh am working on a gingerbread house purse (that a member here, I think, made...) am taking pics too...

Can't wait to see pics! Thanks for the update! Yeah, I saw that gingerbread house purse too...I want to see how yours turns out!

Hmm-- listing them in a blog.... nah!! LOL! Actually I have been working on mine lately and I think I am down to a childs sweater I am (are we allowed to say the K word on here??) knitting... and I have a baby sock on a loom-- I made one and grabbed what I thought was the same color to start the 2nd one, only it wasn't!! So now, I will have to make and finish 2 pairs trying to get them match! :clap

I also have a cross stitch project I have been working on for about 10 years. I do a few stitches here and there.

Not how there are no crochet projects not done! Those I tend to finish cos they work up faster. Actually, I just thought of one. A lady sent some 3 row granny squares to my friend Grandma Bingham who makes them into blankets for charity. Anyhow, she doesn't like such small ones, so I took them home and am working on adding 3 more rows on each. So I do have one WIP crocheted thing. :yes

http://bevq.blogspot.com

I have promised myself a "Spending Fast" for the next 3 months. That means I will have to do major stash busting if I am to feed my WIP's habit. I need at least a dozen things on the go to feel like I am doing 'something'

I have given up on this sort of thing! Kind of like the New Year's resolution, what's the point? I am just telling myself a fable because I won't be able to keep it. The first :yarn sale that comes along and :2magic

I've fallen into the pit!

Have cranked out another dish cloth for my dad and the gingerbread house purse is over half done...

How's everyone else doing?

The proper term for ADD for Crochet addicts is CADD meaning: Crochet addicts desicion disorder....I fall into that catergory because I am drowing in WIPS.....I am working on an afghan for my aunt who is battling her 4th cancer, I am working on 2 granny square afghans to go along with the Giant Granny Square afghan CAL, doilies coming out of the wazzo, bookmarks! bookmarks for great stocking stuffers. But not only am I crocheting like a fiend, I am doing beading at my work. My first time working with beads and now alas! I am hooked! There are not enough hours in the day for all the other responsibilities that I need to tend to like housework, playing with my dd(even though I make the time for that) and sleeping and eating......shall I continue? lol:lol

The vest for my husband is done and it fits him perfectly...pictures when I get back to Germany...purse is nearing completion...have 6 windows to make and all kinds of things to sew on to decorate...

Eurolyons, did we ever get to see the pics to these projects that were finished???

I just wanted to come back here that I finished 5 WIP's this past week! WOO HOO!!! My WIP's are getting LESS and LESS!!!

I know I have CADD; I just don't know where to get help. (And I don't want help either!) :lol

Hmmm.... I actually think my WIP is smaller than it used to be.... Surprisingly, I can only count ten. :think (That doesn't include my kn*tting WIP pile though- but that one is a lot smaller.)

Tina

Eurolyons, did we ever get to see the pics to these projects that were finished???

I just wanted to come back here that I finished 5 WIP's this past week! WOO HOO!!! My WIP's are getting LESS and LESS!!!

No, not yet...I haven't uploaded the pictures from the cameras yet...I still haven't picked up a hook yet either...I have really, really hit the wall hard right now...hubby's requested that I do the cameras tomorrow, so I will post pics of what I have then...might give you a bonus of a WIP pic of the Ginger Bread House purse too (it's so close to being done...but I have to redo the handles and add lights..(beads...shaped like individual christmas light bulbs...)

Good for you for your WIPs getting less and less...

*Lucy Van Pelt at her 'Doctor is in' stand, "And how can I help you LeAnna?"

Me: Well, I haven't picked up a crochet hook in over 2 weeks...I have a lot of things to do...and I've just overwhelmed and now the holidays are upon us...

Lucy: Do you think you have CADD...that's "Crochet addicts desicion disorder."

Me (yelling, toppling Lucy and stand over): THAT'S IT!

Lucy: That'll be 5 cents please.*

*Apologies to the late Charles Schultz

That's my problem right now CADD, made worse by on going jet lag and holiday stress...

I'll get back into the swing of things soon...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane eurolyons!!!

That's great! It has a name! CADD!!! :lol

You will get your MOJO back. It does happen. Can't wait to see pics!