WAY too many WIP's!!!

I just finished 4 WIP in the past week and a half. a shawl, a pair of socks, a wine cozy, and a felted bag, all birthday presents.

having those 4 projects plus 3 others i was supposed to be working on, has made me totally frazzled trying to plan for Xmas. it makes me think i need to start now so that i might get everyones done in time! i was up til 2 last night trying to finish my dad's birthday present.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh gosh, doesn't it feel good??? Good for you...wondering if you finished, that um, uh, well, you know? My SP hasn't gotten her package yet so we still need to be a bit secretive???

:lol

That project is still officially a UFO!!:lol But thanks to youI did dig it up from the bottom of the basket!:D

I have now finished all my WIP's however I notced a blanket that I let sit for 2 years, I misplaced my hook and think I used this size, and the stitches look that size well are actually smaller as it pulls my blanket or bunches it for the last 12 rows, it dont look bad, I dont think my father-in-law will notice being a bachlor and all.......either i used the wrong size hook or I crocheted tighter,....But it is done!!!!!!! another one off my list*smile*

Okay, another update...the sleeve has 5 repeats + part of one repeat and then the trim row...I have 2 of the 5 repeats done on the 2nd sleeve...I'm he!! bent for glory to get this done by tomorrow night...that will give me Sunday and Monday to work on the grad bears...I need a cheerleader STAT!!!!!

Thank you so much KnicKnack for your compliments and enthusiam...keep it coming...

I haven't totaled everything I have... But I would say at least 3 I'm actively working on... two sitting on the back burner and at least three in mind...

I actually did just write down how many I have and gave myself a date I want to finish them by...

In all fairness, I don't think it is a matter of us not wanting to finish them... something just always comes up... BABY BLANKETS... That is the problem... Everyone keeps poppin' kids out these days....

I know I have four blankets that I will have to make within the next 6 months... No yarn is purchased... no pattern is being considered at this point... and that is just if noone else gets pregnant!!! :)

Yep, I agree with you Happy Hooker...life just has that tendency of butting in sometimes...although sometimes if the project's a bear, it's hard to stay motivated on the project...I'm finding now that when that happens for me, either I have to rethink the project, press on through with it or give it up...because not finishing it (or giving it up) just robs my creative juices...and there are so many things I want to make...

The teeshirt is done, pictures have been taken, will upload and post tonight or tomorrow. We are busy tearing apart and deep cleaning the kitchen and dining room and although we're not done with that, I need a cat nap...good day today...next up ... the grad bears...

I feel so much better now...I have to share this with my husband...I really thought I had ADD. I work on something, then get bored or see something else I want to try and I am off to the store to buy more yarn. There really should be a support group for this!

I'm trying to upload pics now KnicKnac...no gardnr, you are so not alone. I think most creative people to some extent are like this...work on something, get sidetracked by something else. I have learned how to be a bit disciplined so that I do finish things, but yeah, there are the occasional UFO's too...and not just with crocheting...

You all make me proud! I am unfortunately on the low end of the totem pole, I have one sleeve left to do on a shrug. One sock started and one to start, and one scarf that I intend to finish today. I make myself stop on 3. That is my magic #. So far I have never gone over! I count my socks as one project so don't try pulling that #4 on me!:lol

OH YEAH!!! That turned out so COOL!!! I really, really like it eurolyons! I am so glad you finished that before you left!

pamps - 3 is always a good number, I am really trying to get my stuff DOWN to three! :lol

I agreee with 3. I always try not to go over or I know I will never finish them. I generally as a rule though will start something and not start anything else until I finish that (try to anyway!!). Unless it's something like an afghan that takes a really long time-that's when I only let it get to three!!!! :lol

The grad bears are DONE!!!!! I'll take pics later today. Trying to figure out which projects to take with me to the states. One for sure is this sweater vest I'm making for my husband. It's Even Howard's Sage Cable vest from Crochet Me...crochetwise though, even though I have other projects, I think that's the only one I'm gonna take with me, but I'm going back and forth on whether to take the patterns to the Knit.1 Butterfly Shawl and the pattern to the Victoria Secret Skirt...I say this only because I've got some sewing to do (I have several sewing projects that are begging to be worked on and at my home in the states, I will be sewing...)

We're leaving this Wednesday and for 3 weeks I will have extremely limited access to the internet...

Archived