WAY too many WIP's!!!

So I have been working on my blog over the last few days, and one of the last things I decided to do was list my WIP's...that was a mistake.

Now I look like someone that is definitely ADD or something when it comes to crochet...I didn't think about it until I went thru it all this morning.

It's just plain ridiculous.

I have 16 different things I am working on...16!!!

Any suggestions on how to get these all done????

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you....I'm soooo ADD when it comes to crochet. I come across a new pattern I can't wait to try, or get bored with what I'm working on, so I keep switching it up! We should start a support group...WIP Anonymous!! :rofl:cheer

I probably have more than 16 things, I am afraid to look and do an actual count LOL. Far more of the "projects in waiting" are knitting, but still, I have at least 5 large zipper clear plastic sweater bags stuffed with yarn, some of it bundled in grocery bags with the pattern for projects I intend to do, and a lot of "loose" yarn not affiliated with any particular project; I tend to buy yarn I like, keep it for eons, then get around to figuring out a specific project for it LOL

Actually, there is some amount of comfort in knowing that there are others that endure the same agony! :lol

Actually, the first part of healing is admitting you have a problem yes? So I have admitted it, now I need to do something about it!!!

Wow, I thought my WIP (5) were alot. But you others have alot more than I do. I also get tired of doing my blankets and get bored and see some yarn and start another project. Right now I'm making a project of Baby Shower favors, so I need to stick to it. I'm barely on # 6 out of 25 or so. So I can't afford to set aside this one. I still need to make the baby's blanket of this shower, see an excuse to go get some more yarn. But that's ok because I just got a Gift Card to Michael's as a Be-lated B-day. Eventually I'll get back to the other blankets. There's no rush to it.

jaye

Oh, I'm too chicken to count how many WIPs I really have, but I'm actively WORKING on six. As I finish each WIP, I have vowed to pick up another and finish it, but I have been starting more along the way. Once Xmas is done, I plan to really tackle ALL of my WIPs, as many of them other than the presents are charity blankets.

As for how to get them all done? Well, this is how *I* am doing it... Get them ALL out. See if you're still willing to make them, if they have a destination, or if you're frogging them. Then frog what will be frogged (I NEVER frog a project, but you can). Then do a sample square/row of each project and time yourself. Then plan it out on a calendar, keeping in mind how much time you realistically get to crochet each day. I have to rotate my projects so that I don't get bored, but you could do them one after the otehr. Then you can see how long it will take you to finish them.

If it's too long, go back to the FROG evaluation and narrow down your projects, put them up for trade, or donate them. Silly people like me will finish other people's WIPs!

(No, I don't want yours at this point, I have already inherited a few others!)

Ok ~ Here we go. I need you to sit down so I know you won't fall over fainting and hit your head or break your crochet hand.:lol

Are you sitting?

Ok, don't let yourself buy any more yarn or patterns or start anything new until they are all finished.:eek Take a tote bin and put them all out of sight except one, that way it doesn't look like so much to do. Then when you have the urge to crochet, which I'm sure is all the time like the rest of us addicts, work on only that one project ~ don't give yourself another choice.:eek

Then when you finish that one pull out another new one.

BTW ~ no looking at patterns and yarn; no feeling the yarn :lol That's cheating and feeds the addiction.:lol

Are you ok? Do I need to call an ambulance?!

Good Luck finishing them all.

So I have been working on my blog over the last few days, and one of the last things I decided to do was list my WIP's...that was a mistake.

Now I look like someone that is definitely ADD or something when it comes to crochet...I didn't think about it until I went thru it all this morning.

It's just plain ridiculous.

I have 16 different things I am working on...16!!!

Any suggestions on how to get these all done????

Midds - she can't do that! She'll go into Crochet Withdrawal! It's a horrible thing - you end up under piles and piles of yarn with a HUGE Annies Attic order. It's worse than all those WIPS!

Is that what happened that one foggy day? :lol For some reason I just can't recall how I ended up with all those great pattern books from Annie's Attic! And come to think of it I think maybe that was the same day that I found a ton of yarn that I just had to have! :D (Then again, maybe it was just my shopaholic side that came out that day! :lol )

Midds - she can't do that! She'll go into Crochet Withdrawal! It's a horrible thing - you end up under piles and piles of yarn with a HUGE Annies Attic order. It's worse than all those WIPS!

Hi KK, I can so relate! I'm completely ADD about crochet, although I don't have 16 projects at this point. And of course, I like to do the swaps, so I take on even more projects! I did want to make a jacket before I go on a business trip next month, so I think I'm gonna pick that up again tonight, and see if I can't make some progress.

Just as I jump from one project to another, I also have an almost freakish ability to just concentrate on one project, and work on it until I finish it. It helps that now that I have cable, I can basically watch football 5 nights a week if I want, and I get a lot of crochet done while watching football.

Even though I haven't been a member long, one of the things I like about this site is that I can always find something to smile about. I don't want to think about wips (although I only have 2 projects going right now, crochet projects, anyway lol) but my hobby before picking up crochet (plastic canvas, there is a doll house, and eyeglass holder, winne the pooh train set...on second thought maybe I have a few monre wips than I thought:blush

I read the beginning of this topic earlier today and was inspired to go and finish a few things. I finished two shawls, one just needed the ends woven in and fringe added and the other needed a few last rows and a border added. I looked at a purse that I started a few months ago and I am going to rip it out so it will no longer be a WIP. I still have several things going though and plans and yarn for lots more.

Archived