WAY too many WIP's!!!

When I started my blog I had about 4 WIPs. Recently I purchased some crochet booklet for doilies, thread crochet, and filet crochet. Think I may be developing ADD, too. Do you think this means that we are supposed to live forever? So many pattern books, so many cookbooks and recipes...We don't have time to die. :Dhttp://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just do it one project at a time. I didn't have as many WIPs as you, but it was really starting to bug me, so I finished a shirt I was making for myself, and the afghan for my BIL, and a bib for my cousin, and a project for my other cousin, and now I'm working on my great grandma's afghan. I was just feeling too disorganized and cluttered---finishing projects is a great feeling.

Nicole

Oh you all are too great to share in my pain...:lol

I have decided that after I am done with my Secret Pal project that I am going to work on this stuff. Get it down to a manageable size at least!

I am glad this thread was an inspiration for some to get some WIP's done.

OMG I have MORE than 16 WIP.... I never really thought about it before. Then I saw this thread and started to think about it. I guess I really need to buckle down and take care of some of them. A few I'll be frogging because they aren't going to work.

Having multiple WIPs is a bad thing? I personally don't think so. Between my kntting and crochet, I have 11 WIPs right now, and two that I'm getting ready to start. I switch off as the mood strikes me, and it all eventually gets done.

Some things faster than others.

LOL! And I thought I was strange. Turns out I'm perfectly normal.

I have about 10 at the moment. Don't ask how many cross stitch projects I have started and not finished, because it is a lot more than that! hahaha... I always just get too excited about a new pattern or a new yarn, and can't wait to try it, so things keep getting put aside. Sometimes I do go back to them and finish up, but not usually.

My mom has been crocheting for about 50 years, and she has a whole closet full of WIP!

~Randi

:rofl :rofl This is great and I have to admit you have made me feel much better about my own obsession! I don't know how many WIPs I have at the moment, but sitting here a work I can count 6 and that doesn't count the ones I have stashed and have forgotten!

I often will put a project down as finished even if it just needs something like ties added or maybe the threads worked in. :ohdear I guess those probably still count as WIPs don't they? That could make my situation very bad!

Having multiple WIPs is a bad thing? I personally don't think so. Between my kntting and crochet, I have 11 WIPs right now, and two that I'm getting ready to start. I switch off as the mood strikes me, and it all eventually gets done.

i like having more than 1 thing going on at a time but sometimes it just gets out of hand

for me the problem with having so many WIPs is i never get anything done...

Some things faster than others.

LOL! And I thought I was strange. Turns out I'm perfectly normal.

Looks like I must have finished a couple, cause I counted last night and I only have 9 WIPs, with one a possible frog and start over (log cabin blanket, knit, but I might do it crochet instead).

And I've started my to do project list. Holy smoke! I'm up to over 60 projects and I'm only halfway through my patterns. I'll be busy for awhile.

And out of those, I have at least three that must go WIP asap.

Can we tell I love staying busy? :lol

Well, I did it... in the throes of trying to get my WIPs done, I STARTED ANOTHER AFGHAN!!!! Oh my..... someone, please help! I'm addicted to starting projects! (Notice I didn't say FINISHING them!) But, I'm still on track with my Xmas projects, so I guess I'm doing okay - I just have to keep a list and make sure I work on them ALL!

I'm addicted to starting projects! (Notice I didn't say FINISHING them!) But, I'm still on track with my Xmas projects, so I guess I'm doing okay - I just have to keep a list and make sure I work on them ALL!

LOL, I just started a new project as well. You'd think with all the ones I have going (and the 3 I'm getting ready to start) I'd have enough. But nooo, I saw a poncho pattern that I just had to start NOW.

And I've still got to start my Christmas projects, amongst other things.

I better get moving. :yes

This thread made me feel a lot better, too! I try to discipline myself and finish what I start because if something is a WIP long enough, I lose interest in it and then it becomes a UFO until I feel guilty enough to rip it out and turn it into something else! Misery loves company, they say!

In another thread further down the page I mentioned the 50 project challenge I have joined on another BB. Basic idea to finish 50 projects in any hobby (mine are crocheting, cross stitching) before purchasing any more patterns ( in my case I altered it to any more stash of any kind). With 3 exceptions.

Having only joined on 22 of September I haven't finished any yet.

Now to the big confession.

WIP of crocheting 6

WIP cross stitch 15

Kitted afghans ready to crochet 10

Kitted cross stitch charts and supplies 20+

Yarn stash 5 large pastic bins full

Fabric, floss, metallics and charts too many to count

Certainly enough for the 50 challenge.

and if I don't get to it all my family should have no trouble starting up a craft shop with supplies for nearly every craft known to man. :laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

cheers

Pauline

Oh my goodness, I can relate to this thread! It made me remember a thread from earlier this year where we posted our crochet resolutions for the year. I dug back in my blog to find them and realized I am doing OK on my WIP's (and by OK I am fooling myself because it is actually 9, which is down from the beginning of the year) but totally failing in my resolution to stop buying more patterns!!!! :hook:yarn

Somehow in the realms of "How-To-Be-A-Contented-Crocheter" I adopted the rule of NCW which means Never Count WIPS.

This rule of life, NCW, leaves them simply as UFOs, and provides a lovely, comforting buffer against the abyss.

Am wondering if the Crocheters with thousands of skeins of yarn also have many, many WIPS???

Somehow in the realms of "How-To-Be-A-Contented-Crocheter" I adopted the rule of NCW which means Never Count WIPS.

This rule of life, NCW, leaves them simply as UFOs, and provides a lovely, comforting buffer against the abyss.

Now you are a member I could learn to love. I like the way you think.:yes:yay

OK, here goes....

I started ANOTHER afghan today. YEP, ANOTHER AFGHAN!!! I am officially going to count now, as I think it's reached epic proportions. Remember, these are ALL afghans!!!

1. Gerber Daisy Afghan = nearly done, one more square then the border

2. Son's HEAVY (3 strand!) afghan - just started

3. Other daisy afghan - going to recycle the old, starting a new pattern

4. Fuschia Fans Afghan (inherited)

5. Baby grannie (inherited) - needs a bordre and ends woven

6. Baby MAM (2 of 8)

7. Sunshine & Rainbows - just started a couple days ago

8. Preemie ghan

9. Peaches & Cream lapghan

10. White baby ripple (inherited)

11. Windsor & White granny ghan (inherited)

12. Snowflake afghan (almost half done)

I'm thinking there's more somewhere that my mind isn't remembering...too late to go crawling into closets and under my bed...

YEP, forgot some (had to look in my signature!)

13. Puff afghan

14. Hex scrap afghan (might frog this one)

15. Lawless' woven afghan (nearly done)

Still think I might have forgotten one or two...

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gran

Now you are a member I could learn to love. I like the way you think.

I just finished a WIP a few minutes ago...*whew* finally...I have way too many WIPs...but I'm hoping to crank out another project or two or three this week.

I think I really like this mindset of NCW...but I'll have to work on my habit of counting them...

Congrats on finishing up a WiP knicknac...we can do it!

Archived