...and Baby Season is OVAH!

Badtz_maru

phew! the last baby shower, and it was a twofer! Absolutely EVERYONE (or their wife) seemed like they were pregnant in the past year. I'm convinced it was the water cooler.

Good old Around the Rosy blankie. One skein (Bernat baby coordinates, soft mauve -- really pretty with a sparkle strand!) makes 2/3rds of it and it takes a whole 'nother skein for the next few rows which is sort of soul-crushing. Love the look of round afghans, but there is NO WAY I'm making an adult sized one =)

ringrosymc3.th.jpg

I got burned out on the round blankies so I got some booklets and here is Terry Kimbrough's "Sweet Dreams". Don't look too closely at the final row because somehow the directions just didn't seem to match up so I just looked at the picture and winged it. When the recipient opened the blankie it was really funny because first she pulled it out (all folded up) and you got the initial "awww". Then with each unfold (as the details began to show up) you got a louder and louder "ooh!... OOH!" I think she (she's shy and foreign) was rather mortified at the tradition of being stared at by a whole roomful of women who coo at everything so she quickly stuffed it back into the gift bag, but later came up to me and said something really sweet like "I didn't know you could make something so beautiful". I didn't tell her it's probably some kind of neurological compulsive disorder :lol

sweetdreamskb3.th.jpg <--about 16oz Caron Simply Soft

thanks for looking! love sharing my stuff and looking at all of yours too

:manyheart

im working on the terry kimbrough sweet dreams one right now myself!...in pink....what yarn did you use, and hook?

yours looks wonderful...i'll keep in mind about the last row...so far though, it is working up beautifully...and moving along...im in the middle of doing the repeats to make the body.

@ Kimi: I think I used an H hook and it's Caron Simply Soft WW. The border isn't difficult, You know how the instructions just say how many dcs you should end up with instead of something useful like how many pattern repeats per side. I usually crochet while watching movies and I just don't have the attention span to count to 394 and read subtitles at the same time. I frogged the first round of the border about 3-4 times and then just kind of winged it.

@beachlady: "Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghans" which is still in print. It looks complex, but it is deceptively easy.

thanks for lookin' guys!

They are both gorgeous! You did a beautiful job. :hook And I know what you mean, too, I know three people who are pregnant and they are all family. (Whew, just as long as it isn't me, I couldn't handle being pregnant again!) (My last one was 10 lb 9 oz.... is why...) :sweat

Anyway very beautiful :manyheart and I might just use the round ripple one for one of my baby shower presents; thank you for the link!

Tina

Those are beautiful-I'd ooohhh & awwww over them too! Oh how I wish baby season was over for me too! I am working on two sets for a lady at work now...then I have a blanket to make for a friend of a friend mine--then I have yet another set to make for a co-worker!! Ugh. It never ends!

Archived