Pattern Listings

RebeccaVelasquez

Question

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a terrific site: Garnstudio/Drops Design.

It's a Scandinavian company but many of the patterns are already translated into English and more are being added every day. All the clothing patterns have a schematic and there is an English-language forum for questions and problems.

One caution: some of the English patterns are in "US English", some "British English" and some come in both flavours (!) depending on what the designer uses. The way to tell which is which is to look at the little flags underneath each picture when you are browsing the pattern pages. Usually one will be greyed out: the "live" flag is the language of the pattern and clicking on it will take you to the instructions :)

A tip: many of the patterns also have stitch charts. These often lead to appeals for help from English-speaking crocheters who can't understand the Norwegian/Danish/Swedish names in the key. :eek But if you look at the pattern instructions there *is* a translated list of what the symbols mean, in the same order as they appear on the chart key so that you can print it and write each stitch name alongside.

Enjoy!

Thank--you all for the links .. I enjoyed looking and so many sites..Got them all bookmarked. I will have to look at later so much to see. I did nto have many of these. I love looking at other countries.. Made a new folder and don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. --- International.

thanks all...

i realize that these patterns can only be taken from the Annies Attic Web site for the daily postings but i have seen several of them post on the site for "Freepatterns.com" i was looking a freepatterns site and found the one for the creepy crawlies that i had missed several days before and have seen others there also..so if you miss one maybe this could be another way to get it.

beth

I just dug through my IE favorites, and stashed a ton of site links with patterns on the sidebar of my blog this weekend, in case anyone wants more places to plunder! :fluffy

I find pretty much everything at CPC anyway, but when I'm at work, I can't use it, for some reason... :think hence the need for a list

I've had time to learn a bit about it, and I'm sure it has to be their network setup at my work. A lot of foreign traffic is blocked by either the firewall, or the content filtering tools, as preventative for spam. But it's weird because your site doesn't appear to be hosted in a foreign (foreign to US) country?? :think

so many links!

http://www.followingbliss.homestead.com/Wheretofindfreepatterns2.html

And one of my all time fave sites is the Groovy Crochet site...It was recently hacked so some of the links do not work:eek , and some photos are missing:blush , But there are still a lot of intact patterns there

http://web.archive.org/web/20010405162305/www.groovycrochet.com/index.html

Thankyou Rebekka joined the free patterns as I was looking for a patter to make a scarf or neck warm for my milaw she is 83 found this beautiful pattern Quick and Easy headband &Scarf looks a very old pattern by the style and very appropriate for the age of my Mum -in -Law.

Archived