Lapghans/scarves for Traumatic Brain Injury Survivors

losingmymind2

Hi Kathy,:clap

I went upstairs looking for more yarn and there was another completed lapghan, and two nearly completed ones. So I may get another box out to you the end of next week after all.

I hope the vacuum pump is doing its job for Tim. ;)

Marcie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tammy

We can use some wide scarves, as for the length, think of an adult sitting down, and go from there. I don't have measurements, I just kind of wing it.

I mentioned to the Rec Therapist today what I have for them, and she was really thrilled. Some patients that are able to go on outings have no warm winter gear, so the hats and scarves and lapghans will really be of help.

Kathy

Kathy,

Thank you. I have some wonderful Navy Blue Caron that I'll whip up a few scarves for you. I'll make them approx. 8 to 10 inches wide. I even have some pink if you think there is a need for a few more feminine scarves or maybe a shawl. :hug PM me you address and I'll try to have atleast a couple in the mail by Monday. Keep up th egreat work:clap .

:think I don't think I've achieved that ability yet. But it has been awhile since I've seen some of these projects. I love sending things where I know they will be used.

Have a great weekend!!

Marcie:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone will be needing my address this week, please PM me by Tuesday, I'm going to be getting a bit of a break and heading out of town on Wednesday, but don't fear, my hook will be flying with me, I checked TSA and the hook can come with me on the plane.

does anyone have kathys address, i have some scarfs and hand warmers made for her and need to get them off to her as soon as possible. i am sorry i am so late. if anyone can help me please pm me with the info thanks:manyheart :manyheart

Here's what I'm sending:

th_Afghan2Lapghan.jpg

It started out in life as an Aghan, but got lost for a few years.. I have no interest in finishing it now, so I thought it might work well as a Lapghan.

I will try to mail it today.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kathy,

I just wanted to alert:cheer you that a box was mailed yesterday. As with the other boxes, I did the afgans and lapghans and my daughter did the scarves.

I hope you had nice holidays.

Marcie :manyheart

:lol I'm so glad the box got there before the new year. I guess I just timed my trip to the postoffice just right. I use a small village postoffice mostly or a tourist area postoffice. Laurie has a couple more scarves underway, but I've taken some time off to work on some gifts for family.

I hope you are feeling much better.

Marcie:yay

:D I guess I just got to the post office at the right time. We use a post office in a small village. I'm glad it got to you quickly.

A Happy New Year to you too. I hope Tim continues to improve after the surgery.

Marcie

• 3 weeks later...

Kathy! I am still alive, I swear! I have not crocheted a thing in months, due to the problems with my hand joints and the fact that I am on fourth tooth that needed to be fixed...two root canals, four crowns...ugh. 3/4 of the way thru now. Throw in the usual wintertime sicknesses coming and going through the house and it's been unreal!

I have NOT forgotten the lapghan. In fact I have some time this afternoon carved out to sit down and try to see if I remember how to crochet!

I am determined to get it finished and sent to you...I hope it's not too late.

Sorry for it taking so long, I am so :blush

hugs

Ro

Hi Ro

Sadly it's not too late, we keep having new TBI patients come in. I wish we could say that there was a cure for brain damaging illness and injury; but as you know, it doesn't have the 'big name value' of someone getting funding for us yet.

I can understand about your hands, and I don't know how anyone can crochet with a pounding tooth/face/head after that kind of dental work. I'd just be hibernating until the next appointment.

{gentle hugs} (my fibro's flared up too)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ro, yes, I did get the blankie; didn't you get my email??? Ack, yahoo! I'll email you again. Been working on some mittens, hats and scarves since it's COLD we don't want the patients getting chilled when they go out.

Archived