Lapghans/scarves for Traumatic Brain Injury Survivors

losingmymind2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about Canadian sizing...but I do know that British sizing on beds is 2" shorter and 2" narrower than American. Don't know if they run on the same sizing or not. I clean houses and one of our clients has a British bed...sheets never ever fit right...lol!

Ro, Kathy: You're quite welcome! I did notice that that site indicates Canadian bed sizes, but I figure bed sizes will not vary all that much between U.S. and Canada. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Have a great day! :dog

I just want to have something nice for everyone there, they've all been so friendly and concerned about Tim. The patients that get around stop by to see how he's doing; they heard about his seizure last week and are reassuring me that he will slowly get better, like they have.

I don't have a specific date in mind. While there will be parties at the holidays; there are patients coming and going year round. If I have enough stuff, they could give every new patient a 'welcome' item as they come in as well as having something for the existing patients.

Finally, back on track somewhat!!! I had to scrap the first blanket I started for this (looooong story LOL) but the new one is a pretty filet heart pattern and it's in pink, I hope that's okay.

I hope to have it done within a week and on its way to you, if all goes according to plan! Oh, I hope it goes according to plan LOL.

hugs!!!

Ro

I just want to have something nice for everyone there, they've all been so friendly and concerned about Tim. The patients that get around stop by to see how he's doing; they heard about his seizure last week and are reassuring me that he will slowly get better, like they have.

I haven't forgotten you.... I hope to have something in the mail next week.

Joan

I haven't forgotten about you either, I swear! I started and frogged my first attempt twice! (This is my first big project) But now I am cooking with gas. And hopefully you will have another lapghan soon, and even a scarf!

Kathy, how are things going for you? still taking that anatomy class?

working on a second one, when I saw the posting about hexs, realized I have about 48 of 'em already done for a half-baked project.

My lapghan is in memory of my sister Connie who was taken away from us 6 years ago as a long term consequence of TBI. I really miss her around the end of September because of her birthday.

Hang in there... and please let me know if there is anything I can do to lighten your load, might be a little tough from way out here but you never know :)

Christine

Hi Christine

I'm so sorry about Connie, I know you miss your sister, especially around this season.

I've got a few ghans, a few in the works, some hats and scarves. Oh, if anyone needs yarn, let me know; I was given a HUGE amount by a local yarn store.

We're done with anatomy for now, they decided to give us Medical Office Procedures before Anatomy II, don't know exactly why but it's ...different.

I've finished another laparoo-gahn. I think it will have to go to a large lap. (I can't seem to master the 36 x 48 concept - I kinda feel like goldilocks).

Another is is the works. I'll ship them both when I finish the current one.

Kathy,

Again sorry I haven't sent the ghan yet, I didn't forget about you! blankie is still half done. I am recovering from a very bad infected tooth/root canal situation and it's been a bear, I've been sick almost three weeks with the whole mess. The car has been to the dealer four times in two weeks. You know...life lol. And I'm not even the one driving so when poor hubby gets stranded he has to ride with the tow truck driver...

Hope to get it finally finished and sent SOON!

hugs

Ro

Archived