San Francisco Bay Area/USA

3parrots

There is a Crochet Guild chapter (forget its title and dates it meets) that meets in Emerald Estates, just outside of RWC at Amazing Yarns. Amazing Yarns is worth the trip even if the group is not there, it is in her home.

Hi there, I noticed from your blog in your profile that you like Pride & Prejudice. I have not only the book, but the A&E version, the old Greer Garson black and white version, and the brand new DVD of it with Keira Knightley. I love that book. (I am in San Jose, BTW). I used to be a member of the Lace Museum on Murphy near the El Camino.

There is a San Jose group that meets at the YMCA at the Alameda & Naglee the last Sat of the month 9 am to 1pm (Southbay Crochet). Too early for me, I like sleeping in. But... there is a newer yarn shop at the Alameda and Julian called Comunknity (1345 The Alameda), if they have the time open, they are very eager to have groups meet there. Mainly knitters, but crochet groups would be very welcome to meet there.

Please join us :hook and meet with other crocheters on the second Sunday of each month in San Francisco. Meetings are free. We meet at the YMCA ,169 Steuart Street between Mission and Howard. The meeting starts at noon and goes to 3PM. We usually have special programs. Bring your crochet projects and any projects you would like to "show off". All skill levels and all age groups are welcome. We're always happy to have knitters join us. The main objective of our meetings is to have fun, provide a place where crocheters can interact with one another and exchange ideas.

This Sunday, September 10th, our program is Aran crochet. Philip, one of our members will teach us various aran stitches. Participation in the program is always optional. For more information and a list of supplies to bring, consult our calendar at:

http://members.aol.com/sbaycgoa/cal.htm (and page down to "Crochet By the Bay").

Driving and public transportation information is available at the web site: http://members.aol.com/Sbaycgoa/dirsf.htm. Most of us take the muni or bart-it's the easiest way to get downtown.

Contact me by email to be added to the monthly meeting reminders.

Upcoming Programs

In October, Cookie is teaching her pineapple scarf. We'll be starting a crochet-a -long within the next few months. Upcoming events include an "Updated Modular Crochet" workshop (now in the planning phases) and mitered squares.

Previous Months Programs

In previous months, we've had workshops on Kathie's secret method of connecting squares, sweaters from the top down, Intarsia afghan stitch squares, yarn give-a-ways and miser purses.

Field Trips

We have some upcoming field trips planned including a trip to Japan Town in San Francisco where they sell Japanese crochet magazines (okay,it's true they are written in Japanese but most of these magazines have great symbolic representations of the patterns. The Japanese have been pioneering in some innovative crochet patterns and stitches). Another field trip in the future will be a visit to a woman who orders special natural fibers yarn from overseas distributors (this yarn is not available in yarn stores and she sells it at a discount).

Charity Projects.

Katherine Eng, a member of our group and professional designer, is in charge of creating our group charity ghan. Some of our members are contributing squares and Kathie (one of the fastest crocheters I've ever seen) will be assembling the Squares into a ghan. Other members regularly donate items to Rafael house.

I would love to see some of you from Crochetville at our meetings.

Mary Jane

I see you read my email about Crochetville, and that you've been here before LOL I just visited Comunknity, it is within (somewhat long) walking distance from my apartment. Tom, the gentleman who helped me at the register, says he knows of Southbay Crochet, that some members had visited before. However, the 9-1 class time is unfortunately booked to another class. Their meeting area is really nice (the classroom in the back is pretty good size).

There are other free crochet meetings that would love to have new members.

All these meetings are open to any crocheters. Some of them have programs every month. Check the calendar at http://members.aol.com/sbaycgoa/cal.htm for information about the date,meeting place and times of each of the following meetings.

Redwood City - (Amazing Crocheters) This group meets the third Saturday of every month. The meeting place, Amazing Yarns, is the most AMAZing place I've ever seen-it looks like a huge log cabin with a fountain in the middle of the room.

Castro Valley - (BARC) Recently relocated . This group meets the first Sunday of each month and has neat programs and the yarn shop is fabulous.

San Jose - (South Bay Crochet) This group meets the last Saturday of each month. It's a large group that has a voluntary program every month.

Good to see you , Anita -- I've never been to this spot on Crochetville.

Archived