San Francisco Bay Area/USA

3parrots

• 1 month later...

I'm in the SF bay area (Santa Rosa). My sister and I actually started a needlecraft club last year where we get together and come work on crafts and swap stories, patterns, whatever!! It's been good fun...:b

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We have a group that meets Wednesday nights at 6-9 pm, in Borders in Pleasant Hill, CA.

Please join us if you can, I know that the pass is really bad at that hour, but it may work for you.

We have both crocheters and Knitters, as well as some that go both ways!

Hey..wait on me..my turn. I'm in Fairfield....I know it's about 45 minutes outside of San Francisco and Sacramento..but I'm still new to the area..no clue how close it is to anyone else, lol. I would LOVE to join a group in my area..if there is anyone, lol

Donna

• 1 month later...
Hey..wait on me..my turn. I'm in Fairfield....I know it's about 45 minutes outside of San Francisco and Sacramento..but I'm still new to the area..no clue how close it is to anyone else, lol. I would LOVE to join a group in my area..if there is anyone, lol

Donna

Hi-- I don't know of a crochet-specific group, but there's a Stitch 'N Bitch group that meets Wednesdays 6:30 pm to 8:30ish at Yarns On First. It's a yarn shop on First St. (!) in Napa. 1305 First St., just west of Randolph Street, 257-1363. First St. is one way only and YOF is on your left.

All stitchers are welcome! :hook:knit:shop:yay:waving

Carol

Hello from Sunny Sunnyvale....:D

I know a few people who crochet but not many. I've been crocheting for years and years and years...started way back in the 60's. We should all find a meeting place and set a date and all meet with hooks, books and yarn...sound like a plan?

Linda :hook

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Here are the active crochet / knitting groups that I'm aware of in the Bay Area:

1) FogCity Knitters - meet every Tuesday night at the Royal Ground (coffee place) in San Francisco at Geary at 17th from 7 - 9. They've also just started meeting on Sunday at the same location from 12:00 - 2:00.

2) Silicon Valley Stitchers - meet every Thursday night at the Coffee Society in Campbell from 7 - 9 (I am the group leader)

3) San Jose Stitch 'N B**tch - meet every Sunday from 3:30 (?) until whenever at Orchard Valley Coffee in Campbell

Also, these shops welcome all knitters and crocheters to "hang out" and work on projects and will also assist with questions / problems.

1) The Rug & Yarn Hut - Campbell Avenue, Campbell, Saturday and Sunday drop-in after 1:00 until the shop closes

2) The Knitting Room - Almaden Expressway & Blossom Hill Road, San Jose, drop-in all day on Saturday

The Crochet Guild of America also has a number of local chapters in the Bay Area that hold weekly meetings. If I think of anymore, I'll post them.

Happy Stitchin'!

April :hook

• 2 months later...

Hello from the East Bay..Castro Valley here. Doesn't look like anyone in my neck of the woods around. I would love to get together with a group. Right now I'm a lone crocheter. Don't know anyone else that actually crochets in my area.*L*

Leah:hook

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey All! I'm in Pleasanton-The "East Bay" . That Yarn Store (that IS the name of the store) in Dublin has a coffee hour where you can bring in your projects and socialize while you stitch. I'm not sure when but you could call. I've got my kids with me all the time so it wouldn't be very relaxing for me-or anyone else. Did anyone make it to the Oakland thing? I was tempted but already had plans to visit family in Huntington Beach that weekend.

We have a new yarn shop in Vacaville called "Spin a Yarn". They don't have a website yet..but man oh man do they have some awesome yarn! It's a lovely little shop, with couches, chairs, and tea and cookies always ready.

Donna

• 2 months later...

Adding my name to the list. ^_^ I just moved to San Francisco a couple of weeks ago, and I love it so far. I was able to visit Artknits on Sutter--what a selection of jaw-dropping yarns! I better start saving up now! :yes

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is old, but I am in San Jose. I just visited a newer LYS actually within walking distance of my studio apt here in downtown San Jose, how cool is that? It is called Comunknity, on the Alameda at Julian (1345 The Alameda). They have different social knitting nights, plus on designated UFO Fridays, they are open until 11pm! San Jose has a local CGOA chapter known as Southbay Crochet, they meet the last Sat 9 to 1 in the YMCA at the Alameda and Naglee.

SF has a newer CGOA chapter, facilitated by Mary Jane Wood, a published crochet designer. It is called Crochet by the Bay. Redwood City (actually, outside of RWC, in Emerald Estates), another CGOA group meets at Amazing Yarns. Bay Area Rabid Crocheters now meets at Adela's Yarns in Castro Valley, I believe.

I've never been to RP, SJ is approx 50 miles S of SF. SF has a lot of yarn shops, but they are hard to find and parking there is awful. Parking in SJ is nearly as bad, our apt bldg has no parking of its own, we have to buy a residential parking permit from the city (not bad, $30 a year vs. $50 a year for the city garage across the street). Once BART finally comes here, I will be able to make more trips up north, but it isn't expected here until at least 2018.

Archived