donnalynn2

Caron's Soft Sage Circle Jacket CAL

I am working on the last round of the ruffle trim. Then I will do the sleeves. So far so good! I think it's real pretty in the Plum Wine.

I went ahead and used a J hook but think I could have gotten away with an I hook. I crochet tightly but this may be a tiny bit too big for me. It's so cute though and the problems. Well, honestly there are only 1 or 2. No frogging here :)

Just finished row 9 with no major problems yet! Looking good!

Boy do I love it when the boss is out of town...:D

Question for all experienced crocheters!!!

I've been crocheting since I was a child, but when you block something, does the item maintain its shape after washing????

Or, is it necessary to block it each time its washed????

I hate to admit this, but I have never blocked anything I've ever made:blush :blush :blush :blush

Bonnie, Your blog is great and I love that butterfly shawl! Is the pattern here on C'ville?

I just started this tonight and am row 12 already. Seems pretty easy once you get past row 6, which I didn't have any problems. Mine is in the Blue Mint and I do LOVE this color.

Wow - I'm not sure I've seen the blue mint color, that sounds fabulous. Can't wait to see pics when you're done!

I finished the first part last night and am starting the ruffled edge today. This really does go fast, although row 11 gave me a couple fits, and row counts were off a couple times, but I made up for it. I tried it on last night and I can't believe how well it fits (nothing EVER fits me right!).

I now have the finished side and back view of my jacket up on my blog if you'd like to take a look see.:)

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing the pics!

You mention that the sweater is shorter than pattern specs - how did you modify yours to fall a bit longer? Did you add more rows to the body, or to the ruffle?

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing the pics!

You mention that the sweater is shorter than pattern specs - how did you modify yours to fall a bit longer? Did you add more rows to the body, or to the ruffle?

I only added to the sleeves, increasing the rows of the ruffle trim.

Bonnie, Your blog is great and I love that butterfly shawl! Is the pattern here on C'ville?

Thanks for looking at my blog - I am behind in posting FO. The Butterfly Shawl is a CAL here at the ville: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29844

The pattern is from the Knit.1 magazine, Summer 2006, Art Issue. It was fun to do and the designer of the shawl joined in. This CAL is still in progress.

I had hoped to get a lot done this weekend, but dh showed back up as his transmission had problems when he left for his trip:eek :( and he's back - so I am hoping I can ignore him and continue doing what I planned like he's still not here.:rofl (Falls under - yeah right).

Never joined a CAL before b/c everyone is done b/f I can come up with the $$ for yarn but here I am this time but...but...but....Help me?:( LOL

I've never made a wearable before but this sweater I thought would look stunning on my daughter so I thought, what the heck! I can make doilies and afghans I can do this if I take my time and just follow the steps, right? I called my daughter in NY and had her look at it and pick out the color she wanted, ordered the yarn (finally!) which came in yesterday.....how Wrong! I was in thinking I could do this.:cry

Everything was going great (or so I thought) until I started on row 12 and now I'm :thair I don't understand what I'm suppose to do when I get to the area in red. "Row 12: Ch 5, V in first ch-sp, *V in next 6 (7, 8) V to underarm, sk next 2 sc, V in next sc, sk next 2 sc*, V in next 6 (7, 8) V, make Leaf by [ch 3, CL, ch 2, dc, ch 2, CL, ch 3] in next V, V in next V, make Leaf in next leaf, V in next V, make Leaf in next V; repeat between * *, V in next 6 (7, 8) V, end with V in tch sp, ch 2, dc in 3rd ch of tch, turn."

When I get next to the bc/sc (I ch'd 5 then sc'd 5 b/c I have NO clue how to do a bc/sc) am I suppose to do a V in the bc/sc thing that's sticking out or did I do it wrong on row 11? I have 9 V's (sz L) if I V all the way to the bc/sc not counting the Ch 5, V in first ch-sp. On row 11 all my counts were perfect except I thought, and couldn't figure out why, or if it was right that I had 4 bc/sc that just seem to stick out there for the sleeves.:think

Can someone please, if you understand what I'm saying try to explain what to do in layman's terms? Please? Pretty Please? :rose

Question for all experienced crocheters!!!

I've been crocheting since I was a child, but when you block something, does the item maintain its shape after washing????

Or, is it necessary to block it each time its washed????

I hate to admit this, but I have never blocked anything I've ever made:blush :blush :blush :blush

Don't feel bad :) I never block anything either. I think there are some things that really require it for the project to have the correct shape, but otherwise I think it's just a personal preference.

I'm still working mine. I put it down last weekend to take up another project, but I'll get back to this and finish it this week sometime.

I've been stalking here since I saw Donna's finished piece -- Great job Donna!

But I just can't justify making somethng for myself when I've got all of these Christmas gifts lurking over my head. I printed the pattern and I'll keep Karen's tips on mind if I ever do decide to start it - but for now I'm just peeking in to see everyone's beautiful work.

Wow - I'm working on the sleeves now and realizing that I will definitely have to block this one. I'm a big larger on top, so the top falls short in the front. I have NEVER blocked anything - does anyone know where I can find some good blocking directions?:think

Never joined a CAL before b/c everyone is done b/f I can come up with the $$ for yarn but here I am this time but...but...but....Help me?:( LOL

I've never made a wearable before but this sweater I thought would look stunning on my daughter so I thought, what the heck! I can make doilies and afghans I can do this if I take my time and just follow the steps, right? I called my daughter in NY and had her look at it and pick out the color she wanted, ordered the yarn (finally!) which came in yesterday.....how Wrong! I was in thinking I could do this.:cry

Everything was going great (or so I thought) until I started on row 12 and now I'm :thair I don't understand what I'm suppose to do when I get to the area in red. "Row 12: Ch 5, V in first ch-sp, *V in next 6 (7, 8) V to underarm, sk next 2 sc, V in next sc, sk next 2 sc*, V in next 6 (7, 8) V, make Leaf by [ch 3, CL, ch 2, dc, ch 2, CL, ch 3] in next V, V in next V, make Leaf in next leaf, V in next V, make Leaf in next V; repeat between * *, V in next 6 (7, 8) V, end with V in tch sp, ch 2, dc in 3rd ch of tch, turn."

When I get next to the bc/sc (I ch'd 5 then sc'd 5 b/c I have NO clue how to do a bc/sc) am I suppose to do a V in the bc/sc thing that's sticking out or did I do it wrong on row 11? I have 9 V's (sz L) if I V all the way to the bc/sc not counting the Ch 5, V in first ch-sp. On row 11 all my counts were perfect except I thought, and couldn't figure out why, or if it was right that I had 4 bc/sc that just seem to stick out there for the sleeves.:think

Can someone please, if you understand what I'm saying try to explain what to do in layman's terms? Please? Pretty Please.

For row 12 the instructions you have in red are performed in the base chain sc loop that's formed for the armhole. I hope that makes sense?!

Nadia,

The instructions you highlighted in red are performed in the base chain sc that you made on row 11. I hope that helps. :)

Nadia,

This threw me as well. In order to make the armhole, you have to skip a bunch of stitches. This is where the stitch markers come in real handy. I had posted on here and had to reread the instructions several times to understand what had to be done.

I don't know if I'm helping here or just adding more confusion. Let me know. I can always post a picture which might help, even though I'm beyond that part.

Good luck

Well, I got as far as the sleeves and although I like the jacket by itself, I have to say that it is NOT flattering on my (ahem) somewhat enlarged body. (I'm struggling with a thyroid problem at the moment and am embarassed at how much weight I've put on...) Anyway, I will probably finish it up and eventually wear it (once I've dropped those danged 20 pounds) but it may go onto the back burner for now. :sigh

Gotta say that I love everyone else's versions I've seen thus far :D and they look fab on you all!

Susan

Okay, I'm working on the ruffle trim for the body...on Rnd 1 what in the name of all that is holy do they mean by (part in bold I'm confused about)...[V in next sc at lower corner, sk next 0 (1, 0)?????????

Please help!!!!!

I finished mine up last night. and I think I like it better without the sleeves, so I'm just gonna leave it that way. Soon as I get the ends weaved in and get a pic, I'll post it.

Just to add my own opinions about this pattern. The back of mine doesn't look like it's suppose to and I'm fine with that...but I went back and read and reread the instructions, especially after I saw Donnalynn's finished product and I just don't see where that center leaf pattern came in like it is suppose to...ugh...wonderful, extremely cute jacket and these instructions suck!!!!!

Posting this again...anyone? Help please!

Okay, I'm working on the ruffle trim for the body...on Rnd 1 what in the name of all that is holy do they mean by (part in bold I'm confused about)...[V in next sc at lower corner, sk next 0 (1, 0)?????????

Please help!!!!!

Well, this part is where I had to fudge a little. The 0(1,0) thing is depending on which size jacket you are making - if you're making a small or large, you don't skip any, and if you're making a medium you skip 1.

It was difficult for me to see which stitches were which, because I had taken out my stitch markers. Since it's on the underarm side, it isn't noticeable.

Hope that helps a little!

oops! Nevermind, you're not doing the underarm sleeve thing!

The V in next st at lower corner thing - I think I just did a V in the next logical space for me. It seemed as if they were calling the area you come to "lower corner", its just a corner. It's really easy to read too much into this pattern.