Caron's Soft Sage Circle Jacket CAL

donnalynn2

I finished mine today. The ruffles looks lovely, but it is still a bitt short and baggy for my taste .It is a lot more baggy in the back ... Hopefully I will be able to fix it by streching and blocking it ? That will be my first blocking so I am a bit nervous :P. I'll post photos soon :).

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished my jacket a few minutes ago. All that is left is to put on some buttons. It really wasn't too hard, though the pattern could've been a bit less confusing, and the couple of errors in it didn't help. ;) I wish there had been a "count" for each row so one doesn't have to do a few rows before finding out that the wrong number of stitches are present.

Little_Audrey, mine is rather baggy in the back too. :( I'm trying to think up some idea to make it a bit less baggy somehow. If I made it again, I'd probably use Ch 2's around the leaves instead of 3's.

hi,,i was wondering if someone could help me out with one part of the pattern...on the ruffle trim part of it,,,when you get to rows4-6 it says to repeat row 3....where is row 3??? i can't find it....HELP>>> this thing is driving me nuts :help :help

bluemoon,

Row 3 is there... it just is not in bold

There are no real mistakes to the pattern... it is just purely written... I believe Caron did correct certain things that were wrong on their site... but not others...

I would read through this thread... most of the 'corrections' (more like clarifications) are here...

I am sure any of the one's that finished will be able to help you.

I have to admit that I have given up on my sweater. I'm not up for the frustration of the poorly typed pattern anymore. But if a retype of the pattern ever comes out I think I would give it another try. This one just had my nerves shot with all the frogging and figuring out. I'm happy that those of you who have toughted it out have made their sweater successfully. Maybe I'll be up for it again at another time.

Well, I have finished the ruffles on mine and now have to make the sleeves. I made the small, and it is way too short for me!! Fortunately, I decided that it would be a Xmas present for my daughter and sneaky Mom that I am, asked her to try it on for me saying that I couldn't see what it looked like on me very well. Well, it fits her perfectly! So it worked out well in the end for me. If I ever make it again for myself though, I will have to definately add some rows to the body.

Hi all.

Made it to the sleeves. I added 4 rows to the body. my short-waisted 5'5" self needed at least that much. Got the main ruffle done...looks like the back will be "baggy" on me too, maybe if I do another I'll skip the outside two leaves...that should bring it in. Also, on the sleeves, they stay so wide, I decreased over the last 4 pattern rows before the ruffle, going from a medium sleeve to a "small" sleeve--6 leaf repeats now. Halfway through the first sleeve ruffle, now. One sleeve to go. The sleeves are going faster than I thought they might. I'd be done, but I agreed to assemble a grannysquare afghan for someone, and I'm trying to do it in the next two weeks (I've got Christmas gifts to do yet!!) and am remembering why I never do afghans that need assembly anymore! all those tails, all those pieces...it's tedious to be done and not done at the same time. Oh, on the sleeve, I added a row...maybe should have added more, but I'm hoping the ruffle will help pull the length a bit.

Just glad I saw that the size listed was finished size...a 36 would have been too tight, cuz that's what I measure...but the next up is almost too big...for the sleeves especially. But so far, I love the look...the ruffles take a while, but they're worth it, it's all romantic and girly and I love it...(I'm all about girlygirl lately :) )

OK so I pulled and streched until I thought it will become completely out of shape. Then I decided to let my barbarian self have a go at it . I completely saturated it in water and let it dry overnight twice. It worked ! :yayThe body is perfect now, the sleeve still need an inch or so but I think I will live with that :P. I will block it in the afternoon and then pictures :D. I am so happy with how it finally turn out.

hi,,i was wondering if at this point...anyone could post pictures of their finished sweaters if they have them done...it might really help the rest of us keep going!!!! i am down to the very bottom minus the sleeves and am still not too encouraged...sure would appreciate a picture of the front and back if anyone would be kind enough to do that....thanks so much everyone..it's been a tough pattern...

I'll try to get pictures taken of mine this week. I'm actually pondering re-doing the sleeves a bit. I think they need additional rows before the ruffles. :( I didn't realize until I was wearing it out today that it looks like the sleeves prior to ruffles are halfway between my elbow and wrist.

eurolyons , that is noyce . well done .:applause ok then guys , I havent started mine yet , as I have been put off by all the mistakes you have all mentioned . But I really love it , and " I want one " , so is it worth all the frustration or not?:shrug

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while, but I finally did finish the ruffles and I am working on the edging with the picots. I am fearful that this won't be long enough on me as well, but we'll see. If it isn't, I'll probably save the yarn and forgo the sleeves, who knows.

I'll post again once I know whats what!

Cheers

Jjen, I think it's worth it, esp with all the extra notes here. I only frogged once after all that...and that was working on the second sleeve, where I worked a decrease in width. (I lost track of where I was)

I did decide the back was too baggy for me, and emphasized my hips (From behind) where I need the least emphasis:blush . I've decided that if I get any Christmas $ for yarn, I'm getting more and making a second (I do NOT want to frog this whole thing, and it did turn out cute, all in all). Next time though, there's only going to be 3 leaf repeats on the back...I'll leave the last 2 off, and start them all a couple rows lower. 6 rows apart was good for me though. I had to add length on the sleeves and the body of the jacket...definitely a measure as you go, pattern. I think someone hit it right...this is an "inspiration" pattern. get the gist of what it's saying, and go for it.

Anyway, here's mine...I did it in Simply soft's soft pink. (don't mind the model [me]):lolPB020049.jpg

Jjen, I think it's worth it, esp with all the extra notes here. I only frogged once after all that...and that was working on the second sleeve, where I worked a decrease in width. (I lost track of where I was)

:dog Thanks Momcrochets , yours is sooooooooo perty.I think I am gunna have to be in the mood to get this one done .:scrachin But I REALLY do want one , lol .:drool

I like that... an inspiration pattern... very appropriate for this jacket...

Like I said before... This pattern and the changes I made to it are DEFINITELY too big for me as they stand... I actually made SEVEN repeats on the back... I think next time I will stick with five repeats and separate them every 8 rows... I still like the length I did... (an extra six rows...) I wanted mine to hit me in the same place as the model... and it is pretty close... If only the rest of it would cooperate!!! :)

Maybe I am gonna try and make a second one in pink too. It is such a nice color on you ladys I might just try it.

This is a pattern you have to strech down a lot me think. A whole bunch more then just with weight the garnment for sure. Plus the v's are a lot more flattering if they are streched down a bit, makes more of a "lengh-wise stripes" .

I wore mine yesterday night for the first time and had loads of compliments on it. People refused to believed I had done it. It's such a nice feeling. :D

Thank you all for every advice I have been able to find here. I don't think I would have made it on my own. :cheer

I am done with the body!!!! PHEW!!! :) It is lookin' real good here...

I am now on row 8 of the sleeves... VERY nice... I like the way the weight of the yarn lets it lay... My Aunt will love it!!! It will def be done in time for the holidays...

Can anyone help me out with an equivalent ply yarn to this please . It says 4ply on the web page , is this the same as an Aussie 4ply?Using a 5.5mm and 5mm hook I would assume it would be an 8ply equivalent here ,but I am not sure.Thanks for your help guys.

Can anyone help me out with an equivalent ply yarn to this please . It says 4ply on the web page , is this the same as an Aussie 4ply?Using a 5.5mm and 5mm hook I would assume it would be an 8ply equivalent here ,but I am not sure.Thanks for your help guys.

It's worsted weight. Actually simply soft is a lighter worsted than some, but go with worsted...after all, with a 5, 5.5mm hook you've got a bit of room. They want it to be a bit loose, I think, hence the larger hooks. Here the standards on ww yarn are usually G/H hooks (4.5,5.0mm) For how I work, I usually work WW with a 5.0mm I don't know if that helps, I hope so.:think

I'm thinking of going with a cotton :yarn I've seen, called Sifonia for my next one...it's worsted weight, and I think the cotton will give it more weight to help it pull down for length. We'll see...it's more $ than the one I used, so I'll need lots o Christmas $ for that one :lol:P

Thanks all for the compliments on the sweater...I had a few when I wore it Sunday too...such a nice feeling. And it really did turn out well, after all that.

Archived