ShannonCC

Short sleeved sweater?

Question

Is there such a thing? Every year I wear a sweater in the winter and I always roll up the sleeves.

It's a bit chilly and I have my (store bought and totally falling apart) sweater on with the sleeves rolled up and suddenly thought - duh - why not just make a short sleeved sweater?

Would that look totally dorky or is there such a thing?

Anyone?

5 answers to this question

I don't see any reason why that couldn't work...I think it's a totally do-able idea!

My favorite thing to borrow while at my grandmas was her crocheted fuschia short sleeved sweater. She gave it to me when I was in my 30's. She died in 1998 at the age of 95 --- so if she had one that I remember from my childhood and have owned for 22 years then I'm sure there has to be a pattern somewhere. It's still in my closet and still gets used. Now I want to find a pattern and try to make one.....

Ok, still figuring out this subscription thing :)

Thanks! I looked around this site and found some short sleeve shrugs. I don't want a shrug though, I want it longer. But then, maybe I can just make a sweater and not finish the sleeves :think:hook

In the new Lion Brand catalog, there is a very cute shrug that has short sleeves. I was going to order the pattern because I too, am always rolling up the sleeves on sweaters. To me, this would be perfect.

Olivia's Shrug # 60258A You may want to check this out.

Good luck in finding what you need.

:manyheart

Debbie Stoller's book (Tha Happy Hooker) has an adorable short sleeved sweater in it. Fairly simple pattern, too. :) It's called "Cupcake"