the marsupial tote from stitch n bitch: the knitter's handbook

leesespieces

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW- i said the KN-- word. BUT WAIT, DON'T BAN ME FROM THE SITE YET!

i will admit... i dabbled into *whisper*..knitting. i started with crochet and i'd heard *whisper*..knitting... was easier so i decided to find out. actually, blame this woman from this awesome little yarn shop in south jersey, she convinced my mom and i to give it a shot. but anyway, so there's this awesome pattern in the book for the marsupial tote bag. (if you go on craftster to the knitting board, to the projects from the book, you'll see a bunch that people made, in case you guys haven't seen the book), and i'd LOVE to make it... but i found out that i really suck at knitting. i will admit that it's a little bit simpler but my tension is never even and i really want to make this bag. so i thought, maybe i could make something similar with crochet. think it's possible? can anyone help me?

Can you link to a picture?

I tried knitting and man, that is HARD :think My Grandma tried to show me how to knit as a kid and it hurt my fingers but crochet felt good so I stuck with that. Decades later (last year) I tried to knit again and after a few months I gave up. Easier? There are people who seriously think it's easier? Maybe I'm weird :hook

I have only love for knitters though. We can all get along :manyheart:hug:yes:lol

Can you link to a picture?

I tried knitting and man, that is HARD :think My Grandma tried to show me how to knit as a kid and it hurt my fingers but crochet felt good so I stuck with that. Decades later (last year) I tried to knit again and after a few months I gave up. Easier? There are people who seriously think it's easier? Maybe I'm weird :hook

I have only love for knitters though. We can all get along :manyheart:hug:yes:lol

i think they only say knitting is easier because there are only 2 basic stitches, knit and purl, and they're basically the same thing, just opposite one another. i guess they're comparing to the fact that crochet has single, half double, double, and treble. but knitting is annoying because it's like having to control 3 things at once with 2 hands - the 2 needles and the yarn. but anyway lol, let me see if i can find a picture...

http://static.flickr.com/29/45142801_fd8e7e822e_m.jpg i hope tha worked, most of them look pretty much like that, except after felting, the handle stretches out a little more (which is what i want, and i think it would happen anyway cuz it happened on another felted bag i crocheted) but that is the basic shape.

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW- i said the KN-- word. BUT WAIT, DON'T BAN ME FROM THE SITE YET!

i will admit... i dabbled into *whisper*..knitting. i started with crochet and i'd heard *whisper*..knitting... was easier so i decided to find out. actually, blame this woman from this awesome little yarn shop in south jersey, she convinced my mom and i to give it a shot. but anyway, so there's this awesome pattern in the book for the marsupial tote bag. (if you go on craftster to the knitting board, to the projects from the book, you'll see a bunch that people made, in case you guys haven't seen the book), and i'd LOVE to make it... but i found out that i really suck at knitting. i will admit that it's a little bit simpler but my tension is never even and i really want to make this bag. so i thought, maybe i could make something similar with crochet. think it's possible? can anyone help me?

Sure you can...go here to hookjunky's pattern.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32954

I made one up yesterday, it's in my blog. Just use a larger hook, wool yarn and make it the size you need.

Archived