St. Louis Area!

Thanks for the thread! I'm a relatively new hooker (still haven't mastered circular items) and find that crocheting is the perfect escape from the brain-work of my admin job. It's therapeutic AND you end up with cool stuff!

Right now I'm trying thread crochet, making a purple string bag with just ch and sl st using size 10 mercerized cotton. So far, so good, but it's going s-l-o-w! (2 inches done, about 12 more to go!)

Jennie

Well...I'm not technically in the STL area now, but I will be in a couple of weeks. It would be fun if we could get together some time. Bev's website has information about her International Charity Crafts Week, maybe we could get together and do something for that. The address is http://www.bevscountrycottage.com

There's also a Stitch n' Bitch group here that meets weekly. I've never gone, but have always thought about going. I'm on their yahoogroups mailing list. I keep thinking that I should go sometime. Anyone else on the list?

Guest julianscat

I'm here, just got back from vacation, started working on a filet bedspread from Crochet (in Red Heart burgundy), still gamely working on squares for 63 square CAL. I made a market bag out of Lily Sugar n Cream while we were away and used it for wet swimsuits <g>.

:bow

There is a yahoo crochetstlouis group. They meet on 3rd Weds at Hearthstone Knits but I haven't had a chance to go yet.

Emily

• 1 month later...
Guest KittyMomCrochets

Hi there -

There's also a CGOA group that meets on the 2nd Sunday of the month at Borders on Olive at 270. Our next meeting is this coming Sunday (the 15th) at 2pm. Please email me for more details!

Jill

stlcgoa@att.net

groups.yahoo.com/group/stlcgoa/

• 2 weeks later...

If any of you are interested, the Metro East Humane Society is always in need of animal-sized blankets. I gave them some sewn and crocheted ones earlier this summer. Right now, they also have a desperate need of canned dog food and shredded paper. You can get to their website by clicking here. If you go to "Wishlist," you can find the brands of food they use. If anybody can afford to buy a case of dog food for them, I'm sure they would really appreciate it.

Archived