I found something else to obsess over...

OK..so a few years ago I went on this kick, buying quilting books...however, my sewing machine intimidates the heck out of me to no end...so I bought probably 15-20 books, all beautiful, full of fantastic patterns...and I never made a single one...so I finally faced the truth and gave the books to a pal of mine who does actually sew and was on a quilting kick herself...

So last night, I was looking through my knit patterns (I know, I'm sorry, but I said the K-word!) and I found this little flip book of over 100 quilt square patterns...so I flipped through this little book...and all I kept thinking was...I'm sure I could chart this up and crochet this square!!

And today, while my younger DD was supposed to be napping (but was actually babbling up a storm in her crib), I transcribed 12 quilt block patterns onto graph papper, and then 6 of them I enlarged and figured out how to translate the angled lines (instead of trying to do a sc so that it was half one color and half another)...I now have 6 squares that I could crochet up right now, and six more to enlarge..and over 90 more squares to start on!!!

I'm not really sure which I want to do more, get them all charted up and ready to crochet, or just get going with the crochet already!! I'm picturing in my head a crochetted patchwork quilt big enough to cover our queen sized bed..and maybe a couple for my girls' beds too!!

Yep, I think it's official...I've lost my mind....and my DH is much too smart to do anything other than tell me the charts are wonderful and he can't

wait to see the finished product....

Jessie

Yep, I think it's official...I've lost my mind....and my DH is much too smart to do anything other than tell me the charts are wonderful and he can't

wait to see the finished product....

Jessie

Great DH

LOL. I do this too with patterns. I have some old clothing sewing patterns at the top of my closet never touched (it was a mail order thing) that i just need to get rid of... I think they were in the 80s, so they may be back in style... lol...:yes

Right now my kick/obsession is beaded jewelry. I did some with elastic and wire but only one crochet thread one (opps need to post a pic here one day, maybe) and am going to buy wire tonight to crochet with (maybe).

Oh I want to see what you do with these quilt patterns!

Debbi

I have quilt, sewing, crochet , knitting. All kinds of needlework books. I love it all. That is the problem. I shan't tell you how many quilt and cook books I own. :lol I know I will have to quit soon ;because we are going to be building our retirement home soon. So, I am getting em when I can. :yes PINKROSES

Yes, I agree it's great that there's no known cure...and that my DH doesn't seem bent on being the one to FIND the cure LOL!!

I think it's funny that just when I think I'm set with ideas and the million and a half projects I've decided to do in the next 6 months, something else sparks an idea and I go bananas with it!! Am I the only one who does this???

Jessie

I am a quilter too and my sewing machine is gathering dust will I am on my crochet kick...it is a lot easier than halling my Bernina around..looking for a plug and pulling my quilt pieces behind me...when I go to the doctor. I have seen a couple "quilt" afghans and they are lovely...good luck and I look forward to the picture.

See this is why I love this place...other folks might look at what I'm doing and think "this is one crazy chicky..." But not you!! You all are SO supportive!! I love it!!! :manyheartI've got all but 2 of my first set transcribed and ready to do the row counts...I'll be finishing those two up and doing row counts today, then I get to start hooking!! I'll be sure to post pics as I complete each square...and I already know the first one I'm going to do...it'll be the center square for my patchwork blanket...it's one that I still have to transcribe into crochet, but it looks like it's going to be right around 140 stitches x 140 rows!! Yippee, I can't wait to get started!!!:c9

Jessie

I finally had the thought of making a list of all the quilt squares I want to transcribe into crochet, so that I didn't miss one....there are 59 of them!! I think I might just find one more, to round it out to an even 60....

Oh, and that one that was supposed to be over 140 sc wide...yeah, that's what I get for trying to do math late at night! Turned out to be 78 sc by 78 rows...didn't realize that til after I spent 45 minutes folding the edges of 4 pages of graph paper so that all the grids would line up perfectly and fighting with the tape to make a page big enough for the original dimentions I'd figured out, then started transcribing the pattern and didn't even fill ONE page LOL!!!:oops

Jessie

Archived