Free Online Tunisian Class

crochetkim

Question

I am thinking about teaching several free online Tunisian classes in October for the Crochetville group. If you think you might be interested, please post here.

I have taught these classes online for years, but got out of it for awhile. These are in a text, chatroom format. A little unusual. But, I've never had someone leave one of my classes not knowing what I was teaching. I present it in such a way that you can understand even if you can't see me.

So, if there is enough interest, I will post several different dates for the classes.

• Answers 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to join in as well. I taught myself from a book the double one and I think I did something way wrong as it curled up badly. Would love to learn with so many c'ville friends a much better learning environment. Thanks for sharing your love and talent with us as a single mom of 3 for 9 years I know how much "free" time you really have, so thank you for sharing your free time with us.!!

hugs, Sunrisedq

:woo I can't wait! I had a quick Tunisian or Cro-hook lesson at a crochet meet up once. When I got back home and tried it....well lets just say it was less than perfect. :( I consistantly lost a stitch on one side. So I ended up with one straight side and one slanted side.:think

I am so in. I tried to teach myslf with the printed instructions, but they were using 2 colors of yarn, and It never looked right when I did it and the sides were wonky. I cant wait and thanks so much for offering:clap

I am thinking about teaching several free online Tunisian classes in October for the Crochetville group. If you think you might be interested, please post here.

I have taught these classes online for years, but got out of it for awhile. These are in a text, chatroom format. A little unusual. But, I've never had someone leave one of my classes not knowing what I was teaching. I present it in such a way that you can understand even if you can't see me.

So, if there is enough interest, I will post several different dates for the classes.

It is one o'clock now, my time. And, I'm teaching an online cro-hook class. If anyone wants to take a peek to see my teaching style in this class. I'll be in the chatroom for an hour.

http://pub3.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/186452444

I've already started this class. So, you don't have to be prepared with hook and yarn or anything. Just stop by to take a peek if you're curious.

:clap

Edit: The class is now over, but you're still welcome to click on the link on Monday at 6 pm, Chicago time. I'll be teaching a class then as well. So, if you're just curious and want to take a peek, don't hesitate to join us to hide and watch. It will sort of give you a preview of the classes I have scheduled here at C'Ville. This could also be an opportunity to make sure that you've got your time zones in sync with mine.

I know you are not there now, but I clicked on the link just to make sure I

could get there.

It asks for my name and my profile. Can you tell me where to go to set that up? I want to be ready to go when the class starts. :hook

Thanks,

I know you are not there now, but I clicked on the link just to make sure I

could get there.

It asks for my name and my profile. Can you tell me where to go to set that up? I want to be ready to go when the class starts. :hook

Thanks,

Sure, Barbara! To get into my chatroom, you need only put a name and press the Chat button. No need for a profile unless you really want to add something. But, it's not necessary.

I'll be having a class on Monday and everyone is welcome to join. It is different than the classes I'm offering here at Crochetville, but it will give anyone interested a chance to see how I teach online since several people had asked how it would work.

The Crochetville classes may not be in this chatroom. Crochetville Admin has kindly offered to do a little checking for me to see if they can find another chatroom that will accommodate more of our members here. So, the link in the prior post may not be the one for the Crochetville classes. Just a way to see how I teach.

:D

Count me in! I am a beginner and would love to learn this. Do we need a Tunisian Afghan book or just any afghan book?

You don't need a book in order to complete the class. But, you may want one after you finish the class once you find out how fun it is.

:devil

Hi Karen!

glad you joined us at crochetville-

it was nice chatting with you b4 class last nite-

I enjoyed the class last nite-I had to leave early-I will be joining one of the October classes-

joanne r, aka jpr54_

Archived