Free Online Tunisian Class

crochetkim

Question

I am thinking about teaching several free online Tunisian classes in October for the Crochetville group. If you think you might be interested, please post here.

I have taught these classes online for years, but got out of it for awhile. These are in a text, chatroom format. A little unusual. But, I've never had someone leave one of my classes not knowing what I was teaching. I present it in such a way that you can understand even if you can't see me.

So, if there is enough interest, I will post several different dates for the classes.

• Answers 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So,this is correct then??? Even though I made the classic mistake of dropping that first stitch right off the get-go???

Here's a place to get hooks,,wonder which size,,K is to small!!

For afghans,at least??

http://www.jklneedles.com/html/productdetail.cfm?ProductID=13485&&productlineid=46

Thanks gang!! AND KIM!!!:applause:nworthy:tup

Yes, it definitely looks fine to me. :clap

I use a K hook all the time. It's my favorite.

Now, for JKL Needles, please be sure to email the owner before placing an order. I believe there was a period of time when the owner may have been sick and unable to respond to orders. I don't think the business is closed. I just think it's a good idea to email first. I've never had any complaints about bad service. It was just several weeks there for awhile that people were unable to reach the owner. It's a reputable company. It's just that sometimes, things happen.

I had to miss the class , :-( , everything was planned and as yousaid Kim , "its jst that sometimes, things happen".I have the transcript from the previous class that you gave a link for ,I am gunna have a read thru that and hopefully have ago . Sorry I missed the class . Thanks Kim for being so thoughtful and generous by sharing your skills . :-)

I had to miss the class , :-( , everything was planned and as yousaid Kim , "its jst that sometimes, things happen".I have the transcript from the previous class that you gave a link for ,I am gunna have a read thru that and hopefully have ago . Sorry I missed the class . Thanks Kim for being so thoughtful and generous by sharing your skills . :-)

To be honest with you, I'm surprised that I've been able to make every class that I've scheduled because of that "things happen" thing. :eek And, I've probably jinxed myself right there. :lol

The classes themselves are a whole lot of fun. Being able to teach people from all over the world, even though they're all over the world at the time, is really the most exciting part. Teaching something new to someone and having them enjoy it as much as I do is very exciting. And, I especially love it when I read that people have tried to do Tunisian crochet so many times and never really got it until they took my class. I love seeing everyone's excitement at learning a new technique. Overall, it's a tremendously wonderful experience and I *love* teaching the classes.

Just a reminder: Tomorrow, there will be another cro-hook class (double-ended hook Tunisian crochet), then on Monday, the advanced Tunisian stitch class.

Please check my schedule from my blog in order to get the dates, times and class descriptions. :compute

Yay! We had an absolutely terrific class tonight on the advanced Tunisian stitches! So much fun! I've posted the text for tonight's class as well as text for the beginning cro-hook class in my blog. Building quite a little library now.

:hook

If you missed the class, I will be teaching the same thing next Monday (information also in my blog).

The color changing class will be on November 20. One night only with guest teacher, Linda Gelb.

Enjoy!

Did anyone other than me have trouble getting into Kim's class tonight? I have been to most of the classes and have no trouble getting in. Just checking to see if I was the only one.:(

I didn't want to post anything in here until I knew that the problem had been resolved. And, apparently, this was indeed an issue with their system maintenance. The chatroom/classroom seems to be working just fine now. Thank goodness this week's class was a repeat and that we have this resolved before our November 20 changing colors class. :eek

I didn't want to post anything in here until I knew that the problem had been resolved. And, apparently, this was indeed an issue with their system maintenance. The chatroom/classroom seems to be working just fine now. Thank goodness this week's class was a repeat and that we have this resolved before our November 20 changing colors class. :eek

Thank's Kim for the info Iam so happy to know that it was not just me.:yes

Hi Kim,

I'm new to Tunisian but am 1/3 finished with a lapghan done in the basic Tunisian stitch. I'm fairly proficient with regular crochet technique and have read through the transcripts from your beginning and advanced Tunisian classes. (Great job, btw.)

Is it okay if I join in tonight? DH has asked for an afghan with his favourite team logo but I haven't been very successful in my attempts to carry colours.

I don't mean to put you on the spot - it's fine if you think I should wait. I just didn't want to crash your class tonight :blush

TIA,

rane

Hi Kim,

I'm new to Tunisian but am 1/3 finished with a lapghan done in the basic Tunisian stitch. I'm fairly proficient with regular crochet technique and have read through the transcripts from your beginning and advanced Tunisian classes. (Great job, btw.)

Is it okay if I join in tonight? DH has asked for an afghan with his favourite team logo but I haven't been very successful in my attempts to carry colours.

I don't mean to put you on the spot - it's fine if you think I should wait. I just didn't want to crash your class tonight :blush

TIA,

rane

Oh, Rane! Of course you can join us! All you need for this class is the regular afghan stitch, and it sounds like you have that down very well. Linda will be teaching the class in regular afghan stitch. So, please feel free to join in! :)

I have finally had a chance to get the Tunisian Shaping class transcript finished. You can see it in my blog along the left column in the links section.

It took me awhile because Stitchinpick (Hi, Linda!) asked whether I had a hat pattern demonstrating the short row technique I taught in the class. It took me awhile to get one finished with Christmas and all. :blush And, I wanted to post them together.

Sooooo.....there is a hat pattern linked from the class transcript.

And, for anyone wanting to take the Tunisian classes, I am getting ready to post the new class schedule. This should be available within the next 30 minutes, also in my blog in the links section along the left.

Enjoy!

Just wanted to post a quick note for those who are experimenting with Tunisian crochet. Last year, on January 16, the Annie's Attic free pattern of the day was a hat and scarf set which I designed. The hat is worked in short rows using a cro-hook. So far, they are following the same schedule of free patterns as 2006. So, this is a head's up to those looking for more patterns for experimentation. January 16. Mark your calendars! :cheer

Kim,

you are so kind to offer this to us. Thanks so much for your hard work and time.

You're very welcome, Melissa. I know that I was scared to try Tunisian for the longest time. Years and years. But, once I tried it and found out how easy and fun it is, I knew that there had to be plenty of people out there like me. And, the classes are really a lot of fun. :)

I

Sooooo.....there is a hat pattern linked from the class transcript.

And, for anyone wanting to take the Tunisian classes, I am getting ready to post the new class schedule. This should be available within the next 30 minutes, also in my blog in the links section along the left.

Enjoy!

Kim,

you are so kind to offer this to us. Thanks so much for your hard work and time.

I wanna,,,,but do I need special hooks? Umm,,,,,I don't even know what Tunisan is,,,,,,

Yes, you would need a special hook for the class. I'm teaching both Tunisian with a one-ended hook and Tunisian with the double-ended hook. I have been recommending that, for people who would like to take both classes, it would be a better bargain to purchase the double-ended hook since it can be used for both. At least, until I get you "hooked!" :cheer

I'll be teaching an online class tonight on shaping...increasing and decreasing in Tunisian crochet. This would be helpful to those trying to make Tunisian crochet clothing.

No need to sign up. Just visit my blog for the Current Schedule. :cheer

So,this is correct then??? Even though I made the classic mistake of dropping that first stitch right off the get-go???

100_0787.jpg[/img]

Here's a place to get hooks,,wonder which size,,K is to small!!

For afghans,at least??

http://www.jklneedles.com/html/productdetail.cfm?ProductID=13485&&productlineid=46

Thanks gang!! AND KIM!!!:applause:nworthy:tup

Kim. I was planning to get to this but I think I am going to bed instead. My energy just did a nosedive.

Will keep this in mind for next time.

Sorry.

No problems. I'll be teaching next week as well. And, I'll also be posting the next round of classes soon. You're welcome anytime. :)

The Tunisian crochet shaping class was absolutely fantastic this past Monday! I wanted it to go on and on! There are a lot of different ways to do increasing and decreasing, but I only have an hour.

One of the techniques I taught was short row shaping. And, I was asked to design and write up a hat using this technique by someone, and you know who you are! :manyheart So, before I get the transcript up, I want to write out this pattern first so that I can put both up at the same time. Just hide a bit and I'll get it up there.

I'll be teaching the same class this Monday as well. Anyone who wants to join is more than welcome. :yes

Archived