Free Online Tunisian Class

crochetkim

Question

I am thinking about teaching several free online Tunisian classes in October for the Crochetville group. If you think you might be interested, please post here.

I have taught these classes online for years, but got out of it for awhile. These are in a text, chatroom format. A little unusual. But, I've never had someone leave one of my classes not knowing what I was teaching. I present it in such a way that you can understand even if you can't see me.

So, if there is enough interest, I will post several different dates for the classes.

• Answers 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you are not there now, but I clicked on the link just to make sure I

could get there.

It asks for my name and my profile. Can you tell me where to go to set that up? I want to be ready to go when the class starts. :hook

Thanks,

Kim I would really like to take another of your classes. I had fun and learned a lot the other night so Im up for some more. Thanks. When will the class notes be available for the class the other night? Where can I sign up for the Oct. classes?

I'll be teaching an online class tonight on shaping...increasing and decreasing in Tunisian crochet. This would be helpful to those trying to make Tunisian crochet clothing.

No need to sign up. Just visit my blog for the Current Schedule. :cheer

That really sounds like fun....I will like to but I work during day so I don't know how this will work....let me know :)

If you are unable to attend the class, I am trying to provide the text from each class so that you can follow along whenever you like. It's not quite as fun as being there, but you can learn just as easily by reading along. :yes

I'm so depressed! I can't do these classes cause I'm in Australia and the times are all weird here...I really wanted to learn how to do this.

Mandy, you should check out the text from the class in my blog. I'll bet that you'll be able to understand with no problem just like if you were there. :)

Kim I would really like to take another of your classes. I had fun and learned a lot the other night so Im up for some more. Thanks. When will the class notes be available for the class the other night? Where can I sign up for the Oct. classes?

I'm sorry. I'm, sadly, very behind in just about everything. I have the text from the class saved and I need to edit it and add some html code then I'll get it up on the internet for you. Between being sick and constantly removing Christian from climbing the security gate, I haven't had a lot of time. But, I WILL do it! I promise! :clap

And, no signing up is necessary for the October classes. Just show up and have fun! :)

What kind of chatroom would it be held in?

I have been doing alot of TSS recently.. and have been trying some of the other stitches (and not sure I'm doing them "correctly")

I would love to join in as well. I taught myself from a book the double one and I think I did something way wrong as it curled up badly. Would love to learn with so many c'ville friends a much better learning environment. Thanks for sharing your love and talent with us as a single mom of 3 for 9 years I know how much "free" time you really have, so thank you for sharing your free time with us.!!

hugs, Sunrisedq

I have now edited the text from the class tonight. And, I still need to edit the other class for the reversible scarf that was on September 23. I hope to get to that later tonight after the kids are asleep.

You can access the text by visiting my blog, then clicking on the link in the left column. :clap

While editing, I noticed that there were a couple of questions that I missed. When attending a class, if I miss a question, it is purely unintentional. Feel free to ask again. :blush

Edit: I have now added the text from the September 25 class which was a cro-hook class, learning the stitches needed for the Reversible Scarf pattern on my website. The class wasn't originally announced here because I was kind of behind. But, the text is there should you wish to review it.

Hi Joanne,

It was great talking to you before class the other night too. Im sorry you had to leave but Im glad you will be taking another one. I sent you an email but Im not sure if you got it. Have a wonderful evening.

Oh Kim,,I'd love to be in on the changing color class!!The increasing and decreasing,too!!

Even thought I wasn't able to participate(being able to type) Monday it was great following along!!

I keep hoping your friend at nexstitch will make a tutorial on changing colors.

Thanks again for your time and effort!!

You're in luck! Actually, we're BOTH in luck! I can certainly teach increasing and decreasing with no problem. But, although I've got experience in changing colors in Tunisian for the graph work (which I believe you're talking about), I don't feel extremely experienced in this area in order to teach it online. BUT, I've just been in contact with someone extremely experienced in this area and she has agreed to guest host the class! YAY! So, I'll be getting some classes together for November and early December. :clap

Woot!! Can't wait!:cheer

Glad everyone enjoyed the class tonight! There's still one more for those who might still want to join. You can see my current schedule on my blog.

I have already started plans for the next series after cro-hook. As I can see from the previous posts, I should really do some sort of tips and tricks class. These tips don't easily fit into a one-hour session. I also have the changing colors planned as well.

Some people have a problem with the last stitch side being loopy and mis-shapen. Others have problems from time-to-time with the first stitch side being loopy. So, I'll try to cover these problems as well as some shaping exercises like increasing and decreasing.

So, don't worry! I'll make sure to have as many as I can hooked on Tunisian crochet. :hook

Did anyone other than me have trouble getting into Kim's class tonight? I have been to most of the classes and have no trouble getting in. Just checking to see if I was the only one.:(

I didn't want to post anything in here until I knew that the problem had been resolved. And, apparently, this was indeed an issue with their system maintenance. The chatroom/classroom seems to be working just fine now. Thank goodness this week's class was a repeat and that we have this resolved before our November 20 changing colors class. :eek

The Tunisian crochet shaping class was absolutely fantastic this past Monday! I wanted it to go on and on! There are a lot of different ways to do increasing and decreasing, but I only have an hour.

One of the techniques I taught was short row shaping. And, I was asked to design and write up a hat using this technique by someone, and you know who you are! :manyheart So, before I get the transcript up, I want to write out this pattern first so that I can put both up at the same time. Just hide a bit and I'll get it up there.

I'll be teaching the same class this Monday as well. Anyone who wants to join is more than welcome. :yes

Just wanted to post a quick note for those who are experimenting with Tunisian crochet. Last year, on January 16, the Annie's Attic free pattern of the day was a hat and scarf set which I designed. The hat is worked in short rows using a cro-hook. So far, they are following the same schedule of free patterns as 2006. So, this is a head's up to those looking for more patterns for experimentation. January 16. Mark your calendars! :cheer

Archived