Any crocheters in Maryland?

Guest psychosharona

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everybody from Frostburg, MD!! You know there really is a reason they call it FROSTburg. The mountains are beautiful up here in Western Maryland. To bad we don't have anyplace good to purchase yarn. WMart and the internet. Wish I had a Michaels or AC Moore around here, thats the only thing I miss about North Carolina.

• 2 months later...

I live on Kent Island and am a participant with the Annapolis Knit and Crochet group. Mostly knitters but we are a really friendly bunch. I am the only one that exclusively crochets. We meet at the Borders at the Annapolis Mall twice a month. Second Monday and fourth Wednesday. I'd love more crocheters to come! We have members that come from Baltimore and Bowie so no place is too far unless you are from the panhandle of Western Maryland that is.

• 1 month later...
Hi! I'm living in Upper Marlboro (Southern Maryland) but run a charity project :knit that has events in other parts of Maryland - next weekend we are in Rockville.... anyone around there?? Deborah

Where in Rockville? And when? And what's the charity project?

Where in Rockville? And when? And what's the charity project?

Sorry for the delay in answering - I'm new and forgot to subscribe to this thread....

The project is: The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project... we make handmade afghans from 6"x9" crocheted (or knitted) acrylic rectangles to give to those wounded serving in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The event is a Put Together Event (PTE) - we gather all the 6"x9" rectangles (8,000 for this event) and lay out as many 49 rectangle afghans as time permits. Hopefully we will get about 100 done this Saturday, December 8th (9 am to Noon). This is our 16th PTE and we will reach our 1,000 handmade afghan.... new people are always welcome.

If you are interested in more details please PM me.....

• 2 weeks later...

The Annapolis Knit and Crochet group is now up to two crocheters! We both have the same first name as well hmm.

Hi I am in PG County literally on the MD side of the southeast DC/Md border. I work in Waldorf. I could walk to the end of the community I live in and have one foot in dc and one foot in MD. NiYa :yarn

We meet at the Borders in the Annapolis Mall Second Monday and Fourth Wednesday of every month. If you want to check out what some of our group looks like get Maryland Life magazine we are in there this month also there is a blog: Mittens Yay, Baby We Got Mittens! Oh we meet at 7pm and some of us stay until 10pm when Borders closes. Others leave earlier and sometimes some of us get there earlier or later. Come and join us we are a really fun group! There is always laughter and lots of stitching a bunch of us are talking about going to that hockey thing in February. :hook:crocheting:knit:yarn

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived