Local Crocheters - NY

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Prettyfingerz

Hi,

I'm in Brooklyn too. I saw your flyers at Sav-A-Thon a couple of months ago, I really wanted to attend but the date didn't work for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey I live in Queens too! we're neighbors.

where in queens do you live? I'm in Floral Park (queens side) (you can pm me if you want to keep it secret)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am in northern NJ right by the NY border, my town is adjacent to Tallman and Suffern. I am also 25 minute from the city. I have a favorite yarn store that I visit in Soho, its called Purl. They have a really great website.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am in West Islip. Not to many yarn stores here, but a few. One being Granny's in Islip. Oh does she have really NICE stuff!!!:bounce :bounce Then theres Dottys yarns in copaigue which has great stuff too!! Are you near Smileys yarn store? That one is supposed to be awesome. I have been to their hotel sales but they dont come this way any more. and I love the internet sales.

kelly v

YAY!! that's great! West islip... i used to go to school in Babylon! :cheer2

you can go to michaels on sunrise highway. in the back, they have yarn supplies there. MANY colors and an entire corner of yarn (2 aisles). they also have thread for thread crochet and needles, bags, etc.

I'm 2-3 stops away from Smiley's on the Subway. If you want any yarn, let me know. Maybe i'll see you at the sale they're having in manhattan! A LIRR trip for sure!

~Marj

Hi Marj,

Yep I go to Michaels ALL the time:bounce Much to my husbands dismay:D! He just laughs now at my yarn addiction. When did you go to school in babylon? and which babylon? My husband is from Babylon village. He graduated in 80. And once I get my craft room set up downstairs I will probably go to the city for many supplies!! Talk to you soon :)

kelly v

BHS all the way... ^_^ :cheer2 Although I was the class of 97, hee hee. Ask your DH if he had Mr. Koski for chemestry... hee hee. I did gymnastics with his daughter.

Ah, i am waiting for my craft room. If my current roommate moves out, i'll have it... but less money for yarn and such... ah well.. hee hee hee

~Marj

Hi Marj,

My DH said he knew mr. koski but not sure if he had him for chem. It was just tooooo long ago to remember:rofl Plus he said he grew up in the 70's so alot is hazy!!:rotfl His grad class was 135 people total!! I however grew up in northport and had a huge grad class. His younger sister graduated in I think 92 or somewhere around there.

Kelly v

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived