wire crochet jewelry

NoLooseEnds

Did you use sterling or craft wire? I'm guessing 32 guage, yes?

Thank you so much for the lovely compliments, everyone...Mara295, actually it is 26 and 28 guage, but just craft wire, yes:)

Hey there. Thanks for posting your creations. I'm about to attempt the wire beaded necklace from Interweave Crochet. I bought sterling silver wire and glass beads and a beautiful clasp. How did you find it crocheting with wire? Is it terribly different than with yarn or thread? I'm a little nervous as it is a wedding gift for a friend of mine. Love your creations and thanks for sharing! I really love those square beads. Very cool.

I bought sterling silver wire and glass beads and a beautiful clasp. How did you find it crocheting with wire? Is it terribly different than with yarn or thread? I'm a little nervous as it is a wedding gift for a friend of mine. Love your creations and thanks for sharing! I really love those square beads. Very cool.

Hi there! Not to discourage you in your attempt at the pattern, but from past (expensive) bad experiences...your best bet is to try it with some cheap wire first. I tried it the first time with siver wire, and it didn't turn out at all. I just kept practicing with the cheap stuff on the spool that I got at WM.

good luck, and I can't wait to see what it looks like!

Oh, by the way, fabulous jewellery! I am in awe of your tallent!:clap

How did you find it crocheting with wire? Is it terribly different than with yarn or thread?

I have actually never crocheted with thread, to tell you the truth. But I would have to agree that I would practice a little first, just to get the hang of it. I love it, but it is definately a different feeling. Also, it tears up your fingers, so dont get discouraged, cause youll only be in pain!!:blush (notice, the red faced guy means i speak from experience :goodorbad) Once you get the hang of it, though, its a wonderful feeling to create something out of wire with a hook! I am sure you will do a great job, with whatever you decide to do, and I know that your friend will love it...why wouldnt she, it came from you :yes

Good luck and feel free to PM if you need any tips...not that i am an expert, by any means, but i love to commiserate!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR LOVELY COMPLIMENTS :blush

Those look great! Where do you find the patterns? I bought some cheap wire recently because I wanted to try and get rid of some beads from a past hobby (bead bracelets) :lol

I have been looking around stores but not seeing patterns. Could probably find some online. Did find this great guide!!

http://www.seafore.com/wire/wire.html

I am now re-inspired to try to use the wire I bought. hehe!

Edit, some more good ones!

http://www.swallowhillcreations.com/FAQ.htm

http://www.stitchdiva.com/custom.aspx?id=167

• 2 years later...

Archived